Cinderella at 2 A.M - Vol. 1 Ch. 5

she spoke nothing, except the facts. coz this is a manhwa..they'll get back together (idealistic happy ending). but if it was real life..we have plenty of examples..when these kind of marriages end up in divorce coz of lack of compatibility and understanding. the guy won't understand the problems of being penniless and starving and the girl won't understand the pressure of high society. in the end..they'll not be able to fit in with each other's circles and will be isolated. she's realistic

When I read manhwas I sometimes feel like, it's not realistic enough. But here it is, a fresh slap of reality.
Thanks for the translation!

Finally i could relate to the FL haha

Money is nice but the difference in backgrounds is bound to cause a lot of disagreements in the long run

Dex-chan lover
Why is everyone agreeing with the FL? It’s not his fault he grew up with money. And after dating for 3 whole years she realizes they’re “not compatible”? I feel bad for the ML, I’m not gonna hop on this bandwagon that the FL is realistic and doing everything someone in real life would.

So it might be too harsh to say that its impossible for a marriage to work w different backgrounds but in this case money is also a class thing. Its a fundemental difference in your approach to life and the worth of ppl and things. Shes absolutely right to assume it wont work or at least that its not worth her time if shes not interested in gold digging. Its just a relationship for now so theres not much pressure atm so yeah this is fine shes being very upfront and honest. He should respect her decision and back off wow what a sad reason i got dumped i lied about how stupid rich i am wah wah

I agree with her outlook on life, like it’s realistic, but I also feel bad for the guy, like he’s just so nice and cute. 😔

Dex-chan lover
Oh wow, those are some really realistic and harsh reasons why she believes a marriage between them could fail... I can also see how it's hard for her to imagine a scenario where she actually could have fun hanging out with her mother-in-law... XD

i feel bad for the ml but he should've came clean abt his background early on. Also the fl is harsh but she's saying the truth. It's not the guy's fault that he's rich and all so i think she should've been a bit softer but she probs was harsh just so she can end things cleanly. Also I totally understand the fl's viewpoint. She doesn't wanna get into something she knows she's gonna regret bc she's smart, but she wasn't able to back out early on in the relationship bc she didn't know abt his background. The dinner with the mother was the last straw but she was already not keen on marrying the ml because she knows it'll put her in a bad position, regardless of whether she loves the ml or not.

She probably knows that the break-up will hurt a lot for both sides but she thinks that a year or so of heartbreak is better than a lifetime of suffering and feeling inferior/being looked down on if she stays with the ml.

@johnpoop2529
You have to remember that she's talking to the ml so that he'll agree with the break up. She probably bullshitted some things to seem harsher. Also it took her 3 years because she literally didn't know about his background till recently. She realized it late in the game but if given the chance, she probably would've backed out earlier had she known about it a few years back. I do agree that her actions aren't entirely realistic though,because no matter how strong a person is they will probs get a little bit fazed when faced w that kind of situation. She's a bit too rigid but I guess it's appealing since more people are used to seeing a female lead either being utterly devastated or completely not giving a fuck? This fl, on the other hand, seems to still like the ml but acknowledges their incompatibility. I can't décide whether i love her or not, but she seems promising so far.

This chapter was really sad :< and I really like Yoon-seo, I liked how she handled it quick and swift and I hope their banter of him trying to get back together is a long one bc idk if it was too quickly it'd be too contradicting to what she's shown here and I feel like she's pretty strong and Joo-won's pretty persistent so I'm here for the long haul lol.

Thanks for the update!

Fed-Kun's army
Isn't the MC's dream is to become a CEO/upper management? Can she still realistically do that when she's dating someone who's the son of the company owner? Even if she claimed she didn't know until just recently are other people going to believe that? The ML was selfish in believing that once she learnt of who he was things wouldn't change, and that people would still look at MC favourably. He's literally become the biggest roadblock to her achieving her dream (using her own hard work) because even if it was the result of her efforts 100% she can't guarantee that ML hasn't been pulling strings behind the curtain to help.

On top of all that this guy has proven that he doesn't even really need this job to begin with. If he's going to inherit the company this is basically just "for fun" for him, regardless of how hard he works. He didn't even get the job because he applied and went through the process everyone else did, he was probably handed it by his parents.

ML fucked it up by thinking this was going to be some cute reveal where she's happy that he's rich and owns the company she works for. He is literally the worst person for her to be dating in this situation.

Users who are viewing this thread