Circle Zero's Otherworldly Hero Business: Reboot - Ch. 35 - New Goal (1)

Fed-Kun's army
@invader_retro @sopu

I'm not out to offend here but when the two of you use the words karma and character growth, I read it as "We want to see someone we didn't like get kicked in the teeth and if possible include the sounds of their bones crunching"

The original character was a SOB but he wasn't that much of a SOB. What's more he had the ultimate redemption of being very good at it.

The problem I have with this series now is there is zero continuity in the character or common sense operating.
1)MC is a businessman/industrialist
2)MC saves the noble house from being destroyed using those skills
3) Well idiot ball to father lets ignore the fact that my legacy was nearly destroyed and robbed and go back to doing exactly what made that possible
4) MC Well what I'm good at has proven immensely successful in this world lets go nuts concentrating on what I have no ability.

It's like watching a tone deaf engineer who gets isekaied and decides to be a bard.

@dokidoki agreed, this is really looking like a fantasy for masochists
Just plain stupid.

Group Leader
@kawaii123456 That doesn't mean I hate him if I say this is karma kicking in lol...but what else do you call it given the situation he is in?
Well idiot ball to father lets ignore the fact that my legacy was nearly destroyed and robbed and go back to doing exactly what made that possible
Well he removed the woman that caused that but honestly this all happened because mc's mom was dumb.
Nobles' still need heirs with strong magic so that part is unavailable.
MC Well what I'm good at has proven immensely successful in this world lets go nuts concentrating on what I have no ability.
This is a great point but I see it as mc's pride of always wanting to be on top in the High class life and can't accept being trash/talentless.
After the school arc this may change idk but I agree he shouldn't be focused on what he isn't good at🤔
Whether I continue further depends on where this story goes 🤷‍♂️

If you read ch 36-51 character actually gets more into reasons to why he’s realizing that in reality he’s a terrible person
and gets karma, so more like brains ain’t gon cut it if you don’t have power.
basically it sort of develops his character a little more.

In all honesty I just want to see this continue just because we didn’t get a chance with the original series.

Fed-Kun's army
@kawaii123456 he was was a sexist pig who thought he could trample over everyone and he continues to do it when he was isekai’d, the world is just and he's realising that it wont go his way, his common sense and entitlements wont get him far in the privileged high society until he gets it beaten into him that his ego of thinking he’s better gets kicked into place. He just needs to wind his neck on and stop being full of himself that he is the best because he is nit and he will come to realise that. Then he can improve. If there was an entity who did this to him Author-san :), then it was obvious that this is what they wanted.

If its not your cup of tea then I advice you to not carry on reading it.

Fed-Kun's army
@Sopu you ,missed out on calling him a fascist and patriarchal.
Next time you might want to read what people say before making a fool of yourself

@invader_retro
Well he removed the woman that caused that but honestly this all happened because mc's mom was dumb.

The father had no financial controls in place, and bad accounting. The only thing that changed was he got rid of one person that was taking advantage.

A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court, comes to mind as the counter argument. It's been stated repeatedly that the powerful summoners get the job because they win battles. Well my summoning is a battalion of Mark I tanks, 50 gunners with Maxim machine Guns, and a few hundred riflemen with mausers.

What's even worse is that count has that soliloquy about bringing hope to the Commoners. The MC knows perfectly well what the commoners need for hope
fertilizers
insecticides
heating and cooking fuels
antibiotics
germ theory of medicine
pasteurization of food and preservation techniques
Railroads
sanitation
clean water
etc, etc

Having a commoner hero? Just pick someone with a square jaw and good teeth

Fed-Kun's army
@kawaii123456 please do tell me where I’m making a fool of myself apart from the act of replying to you. From my pov you just have confirmed what I was talking about.

Actually don't even bother replying, I wont acknowledge it. I don't come on here to argue with children, I come here to read manga, relax and enjoy myself and not to be left annoyed at someones stupid aggressive comment.

Fed-Kun's army
@Sopu Please tell you? ROFL already done it twice as it is you can't even understand or reflect on your own writings.

But, here never let it be said I'm not charitable. Name calling is not an argument and it only shows the people resorting to it, as foolish.

Group Leader
@kawaii123456
The father had no financial controls in place, and bad accounting. The only thing that changed was he got rid of one person that was taking advantage.

The second wife was currying his favour with night activities and whatever else to gain the power to do what she wanted.
We don't know what he had in place but it's clear he left it up to other people, which should be more regulated in the future.
A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court, comes to mind as the counter argument. It's been stated repeatedly that the powerful summoners get the job because they win battles. Well my summoning is a battalion of Mark I tanks, 50 gunners with Maxim machine Guns, and a few hundred riflemen with mausers.

As far as we know you can only summon demon and spirits and the mc's mana capacity is abysmal worse than normal people.

What's even worse is that count has that soliloquy about bringing hope to the Commoners. The MC knows perfectly well what the commoners need for hope
fertilizers
insecticides
heating and cooking fuels
antibiotics
germ theory of medicine
pasteurization of food and preservation techniques
Railroads
sanitation
clean water
etc, etc

Yeah I don't know if that stuff exists in this world and assuming mc only has financial knowledge then he will be very limited in what he can do.

Honestly you and that other guy are better off reading this https://mangadex.org/title/34605/release-that-witch

Similar isekai body possession thing with a person in a family with high noble regard that was looked down on by their family in a world of magic and demons.
This time inside of an accountant mc was a genius Engineer 👍

Fed-Kun's army
@Invader_Retro

Well everything I listed can be done without much tech. A third of the list you can do with tech available to ancient Rome. You can also toss in central heating cooling and proper indoor plumbing just on the Roman side. The rest are all in range of 12th century plays. I deliberately kept the list simple.

Also the fact that he is businessman/industrialist is an advantage not a disadvantage. Lacking specialized knowledge but having the knowledge of what can be accomplished and the knowledge of how to manage the people to accomplish the tasks is much more powerful.

Think about the following figures in history

Newton vs Watt
Tesla vs Edison vs Morgan
Einstein vs Oppenheimer vs Groves vs Rickover

Newton is arguably the greatest genius in history. He's a guy who makes isekai MCs look underpowered. He had major contributions to mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, astronomy, but had almost 0 contribution to directly advancing technology. Watt had much less going on in terms of knowledge of how the physical world works, but he understood how to get his work accepted , used and profitable.

Tesla truly understood electricity and the correct mathematics to model electricity(broadcast power being an exception). Edison was actually very simple minded in his understanding. What he understood though was organizing people to invent. He gave us the modern research lab. Morgan would be hard pressed to replace a fuse or a lightbulb, but he was able to understand how the electrical power system needed to be organized. This is why it's General Electric not General Edison. It's also why hebwas able to arrange the refinancing the U.S. government twice.

Einstein greatest expert on the equivalence ;of mass and energy, contribution to atomic bomb? signature. Oppenheimer who actually made the bomb happen, his great ability was keeping large teams of scientists actually working. Groves great skill was project management . Rickover who gave us the nuclear power industry and the nuclear sub, great skill was dealing with the military industrial complex

That world has the capability to advance and the MC has the skills and should have the historical overview to make them happen.

What makes the story stupid beyond all belief is that he is completely ignoring everything that worked for him in the modern world. I MEAN WTF HE WAS THE HEAD OF A KOREAN CONGLOMERATE. He's going to try and run the world by being a really good gunner?

Oh and just a note when I said summon I meant as in call for. Given 6 months he should have no trouble fielding weaponry that will take down demons. Civil War and WWI material should do very nicely.

Once again if it's not obvious the whole karma concept is just wildly inappropriate. The only karma is turning him into a woman, which really does nothing here except provide fanservice.

I kinda understand why the series was dropped , this change to magic battle school makes it kinda boring.

Group Leader
@kawaii123456
That world has the capability to advance and the MC has the skills and should have the historical overview to make them happen.

How lol? he is a financial expert nothing else realistically.
he won't know how to do anything else he didn't study or practice, because knowing something exists and making it are two different things.

Oh and just a note when I said summon I meant as in call for. Given 6 months he should have no trouble fielding weaponry that will take down demons. Civil War and WWI material should do very nicely.

Can't say that when we don't know how strong or durable they are.
Plus since Mc doesn't have gun knowledge forget making it, even if he could he'd probably mess himself up from recoil.

Once again if it's not obvious the whole karma concept is just wildly inappropriate. The only karma is turning him into a woman, which really does nothing here except provide fanservice.

The author shoves it down our throat what his intentions are, he looks down on women becomes female.
He makes fun of talentless or people that have to put in loads of effort to accomplish tasks, he gets abysmal mana capacity(which is even lower than a commoner) and kicked from being the head of the family.
I don't know what you would call this other than Karma, or do you think Mc was just unlucky he ended up as a combination of everything he despised/mocked?

The things I can get from you are:
You want mc to be something he's not(Career wise so far)
You want him to be a mary sue/gary stu Japanese Isekai protagonist when it comes to knowledge.

What my final take after reading all of what you said is:

This author usually has a great start but also has terrible finishes or doesn't even finish it at all.
You are better off dropping this here if you feel this way about the Mc, I will too if the author messes up down the road.
If you haven't read Release that witch Manhua https://mangadex.org/title/34605/release-that-witch
I suggest you drop this and go read that it has everything you are looking for so far and the Mc is an Engineer

Fed-Kun's army
@Invader_Retro
How lol? he is a financial expert nothing else realistically.
The way you say that tells me you don't even comprehend what your saying or why it's important.
Putting aside the fact that it's strongly implied he ran a korean industrial conglomerate, do you really think being a "financial expert" is what it takes to run a successful company ?? It isn't even the most important thing for a financial services company.

Plus since Mc doesn't have gun knowledge forget making it, even if he could he'd probably mess himself up from recoil.

I think I'll go out on a limb here and observe that you don't have basic gun knowledge, otherwise you wouldn't say silly things about recoil. OTOH, the MC comes from a country with mandatory military service, so he at least knows how to take apart and put back together some firearms, has basic ideas of how they work and may well have improvised munitions training.

The author shoves it down our throat what his intentions are, he looks down on women becomes female.
He makes fun of talentless or people that have to put in loads of effort to accomplish tasks, he gets abysmal mana capacity(which is even lower than a commoner) and kicked from being the head of the family.
I don't know what you would call this other than Karma, or do you think Mc was just unlucky he ended up as a combination of everything he despised/mocked?

I believe I was pretty clear from the start this plot device isn't Karma it's pandering. "It's pure I hate these people let me see one of them get effed over". The rest is just the author putting their thumb on the characters head so they can't do sensible things. Can't make use of abilities, skills, general knowledge CHECK. Can't even make a choice that makes sense CHECK. Can't sell business opportunities to his father who he just saved from bankruptcy CHECK.

Be it the father wasting resources, the mother not interceding, or the MC deciding for no reason they have to do things they aren't good at and forgetting about everything they have spent their life doing.

Hell forget about everything I mentioned of examples of "BIG THINGS" that can be done if you just know they are possible. He can set himself up for his life and the next 10 generations of his family with
1) The paperclip
2) The eraser attached to the end of pencil https://patents.google.com/patent/US19783A/en U.S. Patent# 19873A
3) The Cotton Gin
4) Factories powered by water power (concept there is using capitol to buy tooling powered by water reducing the cost of labor per unit production.)

So no, I don't want to be an OP isekai just a little consistency would be nice.

You and sopu both really seem to want him to be a loser that just got lucky in the modern world. I won't bother to read into why the two of you feel that way. It seems self explanatory.

Group Leader
@kawaii123456 Sighs you still don't understand and also forgot what I said🤔

The way you say that tells me you don't even comprehend what your saying or why it's important.
Putting aside the fact that it's strongly implied he ran a korean industrial conglomerate, do you really think being a "financial expert" is what it takes to run a successful company ?? It isn't even the most important thing for a financial services company.

Aight I should have used Business savvy sorry 🤦‍♂️😅

I think I'll go out on a limb here and observe that you don't have basic gun knowledge, otherwise you wouldn't say silly things about recoil. OTOH, the MC comes from a country with mandatory military service, so he at least knows how to take apart and put back together some firearms, has basic ideas of how they work and may well have improvised munitions training.

I mostly look at what the author wrote or implies when I read a series then go from there.
There was no mention of military service and he has zero combat experience which leaves me to believe he got no training or there's no focus on it.
Not every Korean story mentions it so it's whatever or he evaded the thing entirely if you want to go by assumptions.

I believe I was pretty clear from the start this plot device isn't Karma it's pandering. "It's pure I hate these people let me see one of them get effed over". The rest is just the author putting their thumb on the characters head so they can't do sensible things. Can't make use of abilities, skills, general knowledge CHECK. Can't even make a choice that makes sense CHECK. Can't sell business opportunities to his father who he just saved from bankruptcy CHECK.

Pandering? it's his own fault he died because he handled his relationship with his friend poorly.
He literally made use of his knowledge and skill to save his dad's family as for the rest its still too early to say any of that 🤷‍♂️

Hell forget about everything I mentioned of examples of "BIG THINGS" that can be done if you just know they are possible. He can set himself up for his life and the next 10 generations of his family with
1) The paperclip
2) The eraser attached to the end of pencil https://patents.google.com/patent/US19783A/en U.S. Patent# 19873A
3) The Cotton Gin
4) Factories powered by water power (concept there is using capitol to buy tooling powered by water reducing the cost of labor per unit production.)

That's way different than what you said before 😂
Plus looking at a few of these you'd still need to know the science behind them to build them or explain it to a person who has never seen or heard any of these before.

You and sopu both really seem to want him to be a loser that just got lucky in the modern world. I won't bother to read into why the two of you feel that way. It seems self explanatory.

Again you head into assumptions lol, what I told you is straight from this series.
This looks like a redemption of a guy that used to be a not so sympathetic person to a person who at least treats others with a little respect.
Just explaining to you the story the author wrote because you can't mistake it for anything else especially after the future flashbacks.
If you don't like a series with a passion it's best to not read or watch it that's what I do especially if you think the author messed up.

If you want to ask me personally I was on board with a cruel, cunning and badass mc.
So if he completely mellows out the series might* become stale and I would probably drop it in the future.
It's not that I don't get how you feel it's just too early to judge most of what you said yet.
I also recommended you a series that's honestly better than this before if you want to read about the things you listed on wanting the Mc to utilize 🤔🤷‍♂️

Fed-Kun's army
There was no mention of military service and he has zero combat experience which leaves me to believe he got no training or there's no focus on it

Yeah at that point you've pretty much outed yourself. Might as well say well there's no mention of him driving so how can he understand about cars, or he's never shown voting so he has no knowledge of a republican government.

As to judging the raws are out there and the author has told you where this is going

Group Leader
Yeah at that point you've pretty much outed yourself. Might as well say well there's no mention of him driving so how can he understand about cars, or he's never shown voting so he has no knowledge of a republican government.

You know what I mean 🤨 things that a person can realistically create.
Understanding how a car works and making one which you seem to want the Mc to do are two different things 🤔
The fight with the maid is a clear indication he has no training.

As to judging the raws are out there and the author has told you where this is going

Nah group already did past this chapter 🤷‍♂️

Group Leader
@dreminh Yes but you know how in Korean Manhwa and real-life the rich Kids of politicians etc evade military service, that's what I'm getting at 👍

Users who are viewing this thread