Clarify the post size limit

Dex-chan lover
I tried to make a 27 kilobyte post but I was getting HTTP 403s from nginx. I reduced the post size to like 500 characters and it worked. I know there is a true limit between 1k and 27k KB of text, but what's the true number?

Solution
I don't even know for sure, but if we go and tweak that limit, it still won't be public. You don't need to know the exactly number of bytes a message is allowed to weigh.

Don't try to spam, and if there is a legitimate need to raise it, then raise a bug explaining why.

The forums are also not a testing ground to look for the technical limits of Xenforo and/or browsers.
We will ban abusers without option for appeal.
Staff
Super Moderator
How many characters did you try to post to get to 27kB
636320355652468755.png

Your profile image embedded on this page here is 12kB
461518368038453249.png

Yuri Enjoyer
Staff
Developer
I don't even know for sure, but if we go and tweak that limit, it still won't be public. You don't need to know the exactly number of bytes a message is allowed to weigh.

Don't try to spam, and if there is a legitimate need to raise it, then raise a bug explaining why.

The forums are also not a testing ground to look for the technical limits of Xenforo and/or browsers.
We will ban abusers without option for appeal.

Solution
Dex-chan lover
How many characters did you try to post to get to 27kB
636320355652468755.png

Your profile image embedded on this page here is 12kB
461518368038453249.png
So what happened was I found another bug where MD stacks chapter IDs to a request but it breaks horribly on a page with 500 chapters. The generated URL was 27 thousand characters long.

carbotaniuman, Princeps Carbotia
Staff
Developer
Yeah, that's a known issue. The comments integration is still new, and we are blowing over the API limits. If you're trying to pull comments, I advise you to wait until we've rethought how comments will work and/or better documented these limits.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, that's a known issue. The comments integration is still new, and we are blowing over the API limits. If you're trying to pull comments, I advise you to wait until we've rethought how comments will work and/or better documented these limits.
The issue is I cannot open comments from the chapter list page. This is what I see:
EcNLBT5.png

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
Yes, and the request will be split into multiple parts to solve this. Like carbo said, known issue.

Users who are viewing this thread