Class Teni de Ore dake Haburaretara, Doukyuu Harem Tsukuru Koto ni Shita - Vol. 4 Ch. 20

Dex-chan lover
meaning that they just pushed out the previous TL, who would justifiably feel like they would be wasting their time doubling up with the sniper group if enough people seem content with the sniper's effort, for nothing.
Yeah, no. That's what simultaneous translation means: The slower-going people can translate it better and continue to get accolades for the quality of their work, the faster can give a decent job of things and be appreciated for releasing more than one chapter a year, and the ones that go really fast and loose or actively mistranslate things and refuse to fix errors can be told to fuck off, like Nihongo Scans' Jamezz. If they're translating solely for ego worship or profit and can't stand anyone else working on the same material without being subordinate to themselves, they can similarly go fuck themselves, just like Jaiminis Box, Champion Scans, Hatigarm Scans, etc.

Aggregator gang
I mean nice we got a chapter (even if it was ass), but I'd rather this sat in limbo longer and got a group willing to properly pick it up instead of a seemingly random one off

Dex-chan lover
Both would be fantastic, but I've seen way too many series get one or two chapters after a huge hiatus only to then fall right back into it for a year+
In which case no one was actually willing to pick it up, I'd argue, so it getting even a single chapter is better than none.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter!

Since it's your fault I just binged this trash, feel free to take responsibility and drop another at your leisure :huh:

Seriously though, we need a mellowtica tag for when the censoring is so zealous there's little ero left. 🤔

Dex-chan lover
Nodh.jpg

laast update whenn..... Tx for ur practice! more?

Dex-chan lover
I don't think anyone's going to complain about this being sniping since it's been a year since the last TL, the group seems dead/never existed (this is their only title and it appears the upload wasn't even by them since the group is listed as unclaimed), and Degen never even touched this after someone uploaded a chapter, which is their usual M.O. when trying to hoard series.

That said, multiple groups translating the same thing at the same time or someone jumping into TL a work that is still being worked on by another group, just at a slightly slower pace is a problem because often times the sniping group is a) of lower quality (because the good/talented groups usually respect each others' turf and work) and b) is often a new group/person just starting out and there's a very real chance that they won't last very long, meaning that they just pushed out the previous TL, who would justifiably feel like they would be wasting their time doubling up with the sniper group if enough people seem content with the sniper's effort, for nothing.

It's easy to think that if this was all just a free for all we'd get good quality TLs on a constant basis as everybody tripped over themselves to rush new chapters out. But what really ends up happening is we get trash groups like Rightdark Scans trying to poach titles from groups doing a good job while they use shitty MTL with no proofreading, the good group goes to find something else to translate instead because it's a waste if undiscerning people accept trash work just as easily as their quality work, and instead of everyone fanning out to cover as much ground as possible and find new and untouched works to address, a ton of groups all pile on to translating just the most popular series in a desperate clout chase/attempt to sway people to their patreon/kofi/whatever. It's funny when it happens once like with that tsuntsuntsuntsuntsun girl series, but if everyone just did whatever we'd have like 10 releases per chapter of Nagatoro and One Piece and Spy X Family and a ton of smaller undiscovered series being ignored.

The claims/respect system is the best option we have. It has holes, but every possible setup has issues. IIRC the generally accepted timeframe for something to not be sniping anymore is like 3 or 4 months unless it's clear the group has dropped the title or disbanded or whatever in which case there is no wait period. That's perfectly acceptable. There's thousands of titles on this site and it's easy enough to go find something else to read for a couple months while we wait for the fresh pickup.

What we actaully need is a respected and centralized place for people to bring attention to abandoned/unloved series that quality groups will see and take from that doesn't require someone to translate a chapter under the one of the handful of "please pick this up" fake groups (and the couple of legit ones that are an actual person doing this practice on their own). That way nothing sits ignored for longer than it needs to be if there's an audience for it.
Too long, didn't read. Gave an X anyway

Dex-chan lover
Too long, didn't read. Gave an X anyway

So.... you decided the best course of action was not only to to give the post an X (fine, whatever. I don't really care) but to then explain that you did it because of length, thereby outing you as either too lazy or too dumb to handle a few hundred words at once? Seems kind of pointless and counterproductive, but you do you I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread