Claymore - Vol. 27 Ch. 155 - Proof of Life

Fed-Kun's army
And this marks the end of the manga. I'm not going to lie, even though the last two or three chapters were quite stupid, I got some enjoyment from them, so I'm not as annoyed as before reading them.
Too bad that the manga didn't stay the same as the first half, but I guess it is an alright read if you don't expect much from it, otherwise ( like me ) you will be disappointed.
Before the seven year time skip - 8/10;
After the seven year time skip (not including the last two chapters) - 2/10;
After the seven year time skip (including the last two chapters) - 4/10;
Overall - 5.5/10.

Fed-Kun's army
The start of the series was really strong, I enjoyed it. But around the midpoint, it began to not make sense more and more. To the point where important backstories weren't established soon enough. A lot of telling and not enough showing in my opinion.
I would have liked it if we saw more from Rubel's perspective. I think that could have been more satisfying to read.
Got some unanswered questions too.
All in all, I enjoyed Claymore, but needed more build-up and actually seeing characters grow (saw some of that, but I need more).

Dex-chan lover
Phew, just reread it after I read it the first time some ~10 years ago. Crazy what nostalgia does to our memories. Or maybe I just developed higher standards. I remembered that manga as a masterpiece, but after the reread over the last few days it‘s a 7/10, at best.

I‘m not really interested in the dragon-war storyline on the other continent, considering how poor the storytelling in the second half of Claymore was, as well as the very disappointing Ariadne of the Blue Skies. Seems the mangaka ran out of talent after Angel Densetsu and the first half of Claymore.

Users who are viewing this thread