Coffee & Cat - Vol. 2 Ch. 7

Dex-chan lover
I'm european and I drink tap water. The water in my region is so soft that they even add some lime to avoid damaging the concrete waterways, and yet it shows no reaction on water hardness litmus paper. I have also tried several different bottled water brands and they all have quite different tastes. I'm pretty sure that the flavour of "european coffee" (which varies quite a lot from place to place) is more due to quirks than anything.

Also, japanese bottled water is not very different from tap water, since the source is the same and it most likely receives similar treatment (in places with hard water, there is difference between tap and bottled because bottled water is the soft mineral water from near the source).

Supporter
I live in one of the hardest water regions in the UK, and one of the biggest problems is limescale developing on kettles/taps/pipes. It causes heating elements to seize up and blockages too, as well as a film of 'scum' to develop across the top of any hot drinks that are made with unfiltered water.

For those of you who haven't experienced this, you don't know how good you have it!

I live in Phoenix AZ and the water here is Gross so I use gallon water I buy at the store. All my coffee comes out watery unless I use a cold brew for 1-2 days in my fridge, so the taste of the water is significant to the taste of the coffee for me. I also usually use a cheap Drip coffee brewer which I've read isn't the best way to extract taste.

in france most people uses tap water. Mineral water is very costly.
Espresso is the traditional way you drink coffee in bar. It is the same in Italy and Spain. Italian even likes them ristretto (with very few water). At home, one drink regular coffee ( filtered generally ) but more and more people have Nespresso like machines
In north europe, i believe they drink more long coffee.
From my few journeys in the US, coffee was too light for my taste. We called that socks juice in France :)

At home, i have a French press, which like all others french things, is not french at all

Fed-Kun's army
YES Y ESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! AAaaaahhh....!!!!!!!!! All the cats are the cutest!!!!!!!!! Love the interaction!!!!!! It's all I wanted lmao

And bruh, yall sharing your coffee and water experiences lol It's very nice knowing all that tho haha!

I'm from Brazil so, at least in the in south here, we just use tap water for both normal and espresso too :D And since I worked in a family coffee, my opinion is that the taste differs more when it's from the quantity(Quality too but it's too pricey for me to know) of coffee powder and/or the water temperature, but idk ‾\_(ツ)_/‾ that's for what I can taste tho, there's still some ppl that like with mineral water here too so yee

I just drink my nice bitter soul essence so I don't have my abstinence migraine lmao

Thank you for the amazing translation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dex-chan lover
If Japan learned coffee making from the US I can only pity them. 🙂
I'm from Sweden and I take my coffee black. Not brown, not muddy, black. My ma used to cook her coffee and that's what I grew up on, nowadays I brew it myself. Properly prepared it does not need milk or sugar, but do not skimp on the coffee grounds! Lanky brewed coffee is terrible and actually bad for you stomach lining!
We have excellent tap water where I live, but I can see people not so fortunate using mineral water for their coffee. However different mineral content calls for different blends and roasts to produce best results, so experimentation is called for.

Users who are viewing this thread