Coffee Moon - Vol. 3 Ch. 11 - So

Dex-chan lover
well this wouldn't be the first time Pieta's manifested superpowers, it looks like whatever got her in that loop wasn't the only strange thing going on in that town.... though this series needs more Danae and Chiaro raps.

Dex-chan lover
Like PMMM, but everyone is being Kyubeyed in Sin City.

In short, I have no idea what's going on.

Group Leader
Aah, I was really hoping the manga would have a nice conclusion and an actual ending after Pieta's arc was over, lets hope it doesn't drag on for too long.

I feel like, instead of there just being magical girls and witches and such existing, the entire “setting” of magical girls might be the creation of Nike’s alter. Pieta’s alter was able to create a time loop, so I don’t see why another alter couldn’t impose a genre on the world.

Also, Nike saying that she’s killed 100 dilemmas and that she only needs 8 more is probably a reference to Buddhism, where there are 108 sins/desires that need to be overcome to reach enlightenment.

Thank you based Octopals. Let there be many more Pieta bloomers in the future.

Dex-chan lover
it was stated that Pieta has the power to manipulate space and time, and that there were other people that have been in a similar situation as her, so I think this is a thing in this setting, some people have a condition they need to fulfill to beat their Dilemma and people with Dilemmas have powers. And I guess the rain is the fault of someone's Dilemma.

Huh... Not really feeling this arc's beginning. Both involved characters seem to be in control of a -very shonen-like- power, with knowledge of what they have to do to overcome a certain ordeal.
Feel kinda bad saying this at an arc's beginning but I'm a bit disappointed, guess the difference to the previous arc is too jarring for me.

I actually like that they took such a magical girl/shônen approach to this second arc - it's refreshing compared to the dull repeat of the first arc and really highlights how much life the loop was missing. And I don't say this with any animosity towards Pieta's arc, because it was great. <3 It just seems appropriate to me that as we move on to other characters with their very different troubles, the whole pattern is vastly different.

Thank you for the scanlations, I look forward to more! ^^

Aggregator gang
I think that how these "dilemmas" manifest is just a reflection of the relevant character's belief/misconception of what happiness is. Pieta was stuck in a time loop because she was, for a time, convinced that clinging onto momentary happiness was ideal. Nike's likely has to deal with power and how having power allows her to obtain happiness, which lines up with the witch saying that only those who have power can take happiness from others.
I feel that the reaction to magical abilities being shounen is a bit kneejerk, and if there's anything truly shounen so far, it's the potential that Nike will find a resolution through the power of friendship, as that was what allowed Pieta to get over her dilemma.

Users who are viewing this thread