Colette wa Shinu Koto ni Shita - Vol. 8 Ch. 49

MAH HEART AHHHHHH

This series is so sweet :3 Hades my boi going for it whilst being so patient and kind with Colette. Thanks for the update!

I want me a Hades now

Dex-chan lover
Ahhhh they were too cute and fluffy, the forehead kiss ahh😆 Hope there's even more in the next chapters
Thanks so much for the chapters!!

Dex-chan lover
@EternalMidnight Interesting, and suitable. Thanks for sharing.

I found another series of delvings
into the older stories of the grain-maiden, some of which seem tangential to this telling.
In some older versions of Persephone's story, she was a young woman, not a young girl, and instead of accidentally wandering away, she had gone deliberately adventuring, when she fell, or was lured, or was kidnapped into Hell. Here Persephone's adventurous spirit leads her into difficulty, instead of her being a passive victim of the wickedness of others. Her relationship with her mother gives her the courage to explore her world, and when events take a bad turn, their relationship gives her the strength to survive.

In a still older version, Persephone heard the despairing cries of the dead and chose freely to go into the Underworld to comfort them. Hades does not appear at all, in this version. Here Persephone's descent to hell illustrates inclusiveness for every being, whether in the Underworld or in our present one, and shows that mercy is integral to her nature.

In the most ancient layer of myth, Persephone's name means "She Who Destroys The Light." She was the powerful Goddess of the Underworld long before anyone knew of Hades. Like the Indian Kali, the Irish Morrigan, and the Sumerian Ereshkegal, she was the Goddess of Death.

Users who are viewing this thread