Company and Private Life - Ch. 85

Ugh, cats shouldn't be left free. They are invasive and kill small local animals(birds etc) and no to eat them. Moreover it's dangerous for them some psycho or car can kill them.
"According to biologists, they're off killing other animals — billions of 'em. Scientists from the Smithsonian Conservation Biology Institute and the Fish and Wildlife Service estimate that each year, apparently bloodthirsty felines are preying on billions of birds and small mammals like indigenous chipmunks, shrews, and meadow voles."

Dex-chan lover
Ugh, cats shouldn't be left free. They are invasive and kill small local animals(birds etc) and no to eat them. Moreover it's dangerous for them some psycho or car can kill them.
"According to biologists, they're off killing other animals — billions of 'em. Scientists from the Smithsonian Conservation Biology Institute and the Fish and Wildlife Service estimate that each year, apparently bloodthirsty felines are preying on billions of birds and small mammals like indigenous chipmunks, shrews, and meadow voles."
Go do your homework kid and stop being a cringe edgelord online.

Fed-Kun's army
That quote is massively biased and misrepresenting the actual research being referred to. While the number of kills seems incredible, it is no different than the similar amounts of kills other similar sized predators such as foxes, owls and bobcats make.

Dex-chan lover
Naaaaah, blud saw a girl playing with a cat and wrote an essay about it 💀

Supporter
Snopes had this informative piece to share.

Dex-chan lover
Near where I used to work there was this cat colony thing someone apparently built.

Bunch of crates and enrichment toys everywhere, they were apparently being fed and watered as well. They were friendly too, would come right up to you, if only to eat whatever you had if you had lunch outside.

Double-page supporter
i wonder if the name of the group in the last panel might be more like "Sakura Association for the Protection of Cats," "Sakura Cat Protection Society," etc.? i don't speak japanese, but i know the word order is different than in english, and the way it's phrased now (Protective Cats Sakura Association) seems a little unnatural. unless there's literally an association of protective cats, which would be much cooler than a bunch of grannies putting out cat food lol. it's not a problem or anything, but i really like languages, so it caught my eye ˆˆ thanks for the tl!

Dex-chan lover
i wonder if the name of the group in the last panel might be more like "Sakura Association for the Protection of Cats," "Sakura Cat Protection Society," etc.? i don't speak japanese, but i know the word order is different than in english, and the way it's phrased now (Protective Cats Sakura Association) seems a little unnatural. unless there's literally an association of protective cats, which would be much cooler than a bunch of grannies putting out cat food lol. it's not a problem or anything, but i really like languages, so it caught my eye ˆˆ thanks for the tl!
the 'sakura' part might be a reference to their ear too since a lot of the neutered male cats get a 'chunk' of their ear tip removed to where it looks like a sakura petal

Dex-chan lover
twitter-esque phrasing detected, opinion discarded.

Users who are viewing this thread