Contract Concubine - Ch. 5

That ahhon guy is dangerously creepy. The more he smiles the more he makes me goosebumps. Sure he get a lot of mystery vibe around him.

Double-page supporter
The girl is supposed to be a formidable assassin by trade right? Why is she so naive??? Obviously the king did that to test if she was lying or not. I don't get her character

I agree! If shes so famous why isnt she able to infiltrate anywhere in the palace without getting caught? It just makes it seem like shes inferior to the emperor in terms of skill and we arent even aware of what he can do yet.. I wish we get to see how capable she is withought needed to be protected or be seen as inferior by the ML

Number 1 assassin but so weak... I literally can't anymore, please match the skills to the character when you're writing a story. Otherwise, don't make them the best assassin of the country when you want to create a "naive, weak girl and mysterious, strong emperor" environment. It's getting on my nerves, always getting baited into these comics, hoping for a badass FL but then getting this... I mean like seriously tf

Tbh, she's not inferior to the emperor, they are just too different in terms of class. Of course she doesn't know much about the palace's people and their schemes, it is known that at that time the palace was quite segregated from the eye of the people (I believe the author took inspiration from ancient China/Korea), so it is not surprising really that she's lacking in knowledge (even though he says that she could be quite good if she wasn't an assassin). And about the skill: she might be famous for KILLING people, but it is never established that she is this SHADOW IN THE NIGHT INVISIBLE CAN KILL YOU AT ANY MOMENT BEWARE. You have to understand that rumours back then was very exaggerated, so I what I think is that she simply always finished the job, hence the ripper nickname. She's a commoner and a killer, she can be quick on the uptake but still makes mistakes. It's nice to not see this omnipotent mc, I had my share of those already.

Users who are viewing this thread