Convenience Store of the Dead ~The Convenience Store Clerk Will Get Rescued in 100 Days~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 60 - Day 60

Dex-chan lover
She went full scientist. I wonder if she's a lab tech or bio chem student. Maybe the education is just a lot better in the future.

Supporter
Still doesn't understand what she experimented from ch 50-60.
Thanks for your translating (◍•ᴗ•◍)❤

Guess she might actually be smarter than i thought. She might be like nobunaga girl isekai mc

@Jarkko
tbf im civil engineer here and during my studying im also a cashier at some restuarant, it was pretty handy when they need to fix the structure

@esor

She seems to be trying to find out more about how the Infection exactly spreads. Mainly mutations to the Bodies of the Infected to more easily spread to others, and how the Infection affects the Zombies behaviour.

So far she seems to have found out that:
1. The Virus (if thats what it is) keeps the Zombies blood in a fluid state much, much longer than natural, which would enable it to keep infecting people even a good while after the Zombie is already dead.
2. And in this Chapter, it seems that the Zombies follow a small number of always similar "routes" instead of running around randomly when they can't find prey. For example, the Zombie with the Basecap seems to always go from the truck he's lying on to the entrance of the parking-lot and back.
3. Insects (or cockroaches atleast) seemingly can't be infected by the Virus. Which is good, because as she says, Swarms of Zombie-Mosquitos would be very, very bad.

Fed-Kun's army
@IronVader501 With the zombie routes thing, iirc that particular one is the delivery guy and the 'no truck' complaint is him looking for his delivery truck which the other survivor guy took to transport the extra supplies. Similar to the infected survivor girl who recalled how to wield her club and where to find our protagonist or the manager using the back door as he would have coming to work; it seems that they recall objects, routines or people which sets them off on a "route" to find or follow.

As for mosquitos they don't really need to get infected by diseases like malaria to spread it, they merely consume and carry infected blood and then contaminate the blood of any healthy hosts afterwards like a used syringe. Its the same with fleas and the bubonic plague actually so I think she's just being happy its not mosquito season.

@Aquareed

Which strongly implies the Zombies still have some vague recollections of what they used to be. I thought the stuff the manager-zombie said was just for comedic-purposes in the earlier Chapters, but apparently not. They don't seem to be really aware, but rather somewhat inclined to follow specific routines they had while still alive.

Also, thats true about the Mosquitos, but the Clerk seemed more worried about Insects being infected themselves rather than just spreading the Virus. Atleast for now.

Fed-Kun's army
@Esor What shes trying to make is a centrifuge, a scientific device that separates liquids and solids of different densities by subjecting them to high centrifugal forces. Im not quite clear on what shes trying to achive either but she might be trying to isolate the virus in the blood.

Users who are viewing this thread