Cooking Papa - Vol. 2 Ch. 20 - Closing out a Night of Heavy Drinking with Super Tasty Pork Miso Soup

I like that this put his wife in a more positive light. I hope we learn more about her since from what I recall none of the earlier chapters make her look really good.

Thanks for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
Sorry but that is unacceptable. How irresponsible can one be? I understand drinking with coworkers and staying out late with the release of your book but bringing them to your house that has a fucking child sleeping in the other room? Being that fucking loud?

As the husband I would have put my foot down and said no. Come home and we'll celebrate together. Don't fucking bring other fucking people.

I love the manic, drunkard wife. Shes a fun character, and she was probably pretty unconventional back when this was written.

Dex-chan lover
Ugh these two are so sweet.... seeing her co-worker (boss?) understand he's been supporting her this whole time, and approve of it... clutches my chest..

I love the cooking in these stories, but honestly I also just adore seeing a married couple who are so clearly crazy in love with each other, who work this well together. And I'm really curious to try making pork miso soup this way! I wonder if it's really OK without any dashi or other broth, though....? I feel like I'd still want to use some...

(Also don't forget, everything she does here wouldn't be notable for a man in japan to do at the time. The 'hey honey I brought my coworkers over after we had drinks' thing is practically a sitcom cliche.)

Dex-chan lover
@Xxjuggernaut Your comment shows me that the MC is sure a way better husband than you. Why is it unacceptable? Men bring his friends back to home to keep drinking all the time so why can't women do that? I don't know how Western men is but Asians husbands bring friends home to drink all the time and the house is full of children too. I don't know if it is culture difference or not but that is totally normal. I know all of my father's friends because of that.

Double-page supporter
@miyako19
I can only speak for my country, but bringing friends home late at night to drink seems to be more characteristic for rural areas, and even then the wife doesn't like it, yet she has no choice but to go along with it. In the city unmarried men might do it, but I've never heard of a married one pull that off.

Dex-chan lover
@miyako19 You failed to consider this but some of us do not have a large homes. Some of us live in apartments. A child needs their sleep. I'm from the US and we are fucking loud. One thing is bringing over friends at 7 pm but at 11 we are set to fall asleep for early work. I'm not dealing with fucking drunks at 11 pm. It's not only disrespectful to me but my kid who has school later in the day. Don't get me started with neighbors.

You judge me because I take my kids health prioriry? I call you a fool

Fed-Kun's army
While you're all debating on the acceptableness of bringing home coworkers late at night, what bothers me is that they're waiting on him to go buy some medicine all together, to maybe not catch a cold

EDIT: I hadn't read the chapter fully before my first comment, and now I must add for you @Xxjuggernaut please consider these are exceptionnal circumstances with the book going out, plus she warns him, and her colleagues are well behaved

Users who are viewing this thread