Countach

MD@Home
Man, this is so nostalgic. The Countach was my dream car as well when I was a kid. Its design with the straight lines and edges mesmerizes me to this day (although unlike the MC here, for me the car feels "incomplete" without the rear wings of the later revisions). I don't think I'd ever own one even if I had the money for it (as beautiful it is from the outside, actually using it would likely be a huge pain), but still... why don't they make more cars like this?
Thank you Umezawa Haruto and the scanlation team for this trip down the memory lane. :D

@pip25 You can thank safety regulations requiring wider and stronger A-pillars and pedestrian safety during impact restrictions restricting use of hidden-flip headlights to partially thank for loss of the iconic designs of yesteryear. Another large reason is the Countach was not very aerodynamic and had a high coefficient of drag which results the design to be not very effective functionally for high performance (acceleration/top speed) as well as efficient fuel usage (which is ironic as supercars seem so irrelevant in terms of this).

The high performance/fuel efficiency is also a big part of why traditional manual transmissions are also being phased out and paddle shifter dual-clutch/automatic transmissions are being used nowadays, cars nowadays just aren't as analog, as free to the creators' vision as they used to be.

Users who are viewing this thread