Crimson Ribbon: Summer Rain

Group Leader
Hello, I'm here to give a heads up!

I'm working on uploading my first chapters, 1 and 2, they are from a couple years ago so they are... pretty rough to say the least.
I originally had them uploaded on Batoto but, once the site's ownership was passed and Mangadex was made, the manga's page was copied over to this site like the others only without chapters.

I haven't had the chance to sort it out, so I'm getting on that right now!

Please bear with me through these early chapters while I work on getting things sorted out and uploading the third one.
I have learned quite a few things since then, and, while I shudder seeing my old stuff, I still wish to acknowledge it as part of my journey.

Enough rambling, back to work I go.

The art got a big improvement from chapter 2 to 3, it is very good now! Another good point is that at least up to now, it looks like everyone can interact whit royals, making fights have more oportunities, and their powers also very cool (must admit I loved the hat one), hoping to see chapter 4 soon!

Group Leader
I haven't checked up on this page for a few months but thank you so much!
Your comment is really heartwarming for me and is the kind of thing that makes me really want to keep on improving.
I'm working on chapter 4 but school and finals have been really eating up my time and energy, so as a way to counteract that I plan on breaking up my chapters into smaller pieces so hopefully I manage to upload more than once a year.
Again, thank you so much, this kind of support always puts a big dumb smile on my face..

Group Leader
Good news, I've finally finished drawing Chapter 4! All I'm missing is the cover and to scan the pages, but I should be able to get it out in the next couple of weeks.

I'm in University now but luckily my schedule doesn't keep me away from home for 10 hours a day like my last year of high school did, so hopefully I get to draw more often.
I really hope you will all enjoy the next chapter, as I previously mentioned it'll be shorter than the 40 pages ones but I think we will all like it better that way.
I've gotten quicker, from taking 8 days on 2 pages to just 3 if I really put my mind to it. It's still not as quick as I'd like but I feel like if I keep at it I'll get there.

See you soon!

Group Leader
Well, it's finally here.
Chapter 4 is officially released, this one is pretty dialogue heavy but such is the sacrifice I must make for plot. I hope everyone finds this clash of ideals enjoyable!

I have made a Twitter, well... "made" maybe isn't the right word, more like I repurposed it. Anyway, you can find me there, I don't post on social media too much but who knows, that might change. 🤔
https://twitter.com/RedbowCR

I should probably take a break for a week to recharge but knowing me I'm gonna start drawing chapter 5 next morning so look forward to that!

Hey, the new chapter is also great! A little break after a fight is a good thing to do in my opinion, and im curious about what that Crimson woman has to do whit sov's past. If you feel more comfortable doing smaller chapters, you should keep making them that way, that will help you deliver at constant pace and wont rush things up! Also, good luck whit your University!

Group Leader
The new chapter has finally been released.
I had it finished last week, to tell you the truth, but I had trouble uploading it 😔
Thanks to the Mangadex Discord server for pulling through for me

Now then, the battle against Crimson and Sov has finally begun, from words we pass to fists!
I had fun with this chapter, I didn't take too long on it either
As such I'm gonna start working on the new one soon, look forward to it!
As always you can find me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/RedbowCR?s=09

I also forgot to thank Radar for the
constructive feedback, it is immensely helpful and helps me get better at my craft as a first-timer
Thanks, I hope you like the chapter!

Group Leader
Chapter 6 is now out!
The fight between Sov and Joanne takes a dramatic turn!

This chapter I yet again experimented with new ways to illustrate things, such as the hair. I've also gone back to try and learn how to best use screentones, as opposed to just slapping them everywhere as a crutch. I've gotta say I'm kind of proud of the progress I've made.
I hope you enjoy the chapter just as much as I enjoyed experimenting with it!
You can follow me on Twitter for updates, I will be starting to post more unrelated art to it in the months to come: https://twitter.com/RedbowCR

Group Leader
Just giving a quick update that I'm working on the redraws of Chapters 1 and 2
Those chapters have been a burden on me for a while now by turning away readers and being a poor representation of my current output

So I'm very excited to release the redraws whenever it is they are ready, look forward to them
Lord knows I am...

Group Leader
Chapter 7 is now out!

This chapter took a surprisingly short amount of time to make, just 2 months, half of my previous chapter
This time around I further got myself comfortable with using screentones, I gotta say I'm feeling pretty good about it

Since I didn't expect to take such a short time on this one, I'm gonna focus on the redraws of Chapter 1 for a little while, I'm right about a quarter through that one already
I hope you all enjoy and see ya next time 😏

Group Leader
The redraw of Chapter 1 is finally out. Hopefully this will be a chance to start fresh, unburdened by my old, poorly made first 2 chapters.

Next I'll be working on redrawing Chapter 2, which hopefully won't be taking long. Especially since the new Chapter 1's end and the start of Chapter 2 is quite disjointed.
I had to rewrite quite a bit for it to be up to my current standards.
As an aside, page 2 and 3 uploaded out of order, which I'll probably fix.... eventually..... It's not too much of a bother either way.

As always, I will post updates on the progress of the chapter on my Twitter: https://twitter.com/RedbowCR (help me escape the pit of twitter invisibility haha kill me)

Welp see ya

Group Leader
Quick update

Redraw of Chapter 2 still being worked on, it's kinda long

In the meantime I'll upload chapters in Italian now and then to keep some momentum going while we wait, seeing everyone speak the same language as in-universe is pretty damn neat

K bye

Group Leader
Oh neat, these are back

Uhhhhh yeah gud manga lul, working on chapters 19 to 22 to round off the special, then the last chapter will be 23
I switched to digital relatively recently and it's greatly improved my productivity, which is saying a lot since I already had picked up momentum after the redraws

Oh yeah mostly all old chapters have been edited/rescripted to be more narratively tight, as I said on my author's end pages
If you're an old reader it's a good time to do a reread, I think you'd like it

K bye

Group Leader
Special is done, hope it was enjoyable
Judging from the ebb and flow of readers and scores it was a bit controversial but I know I had fun with it, and that's all that really matters to me

I've just yesterday finished Chapter 23 after nearly 2 months of working on it on and off, good news: it's 50 pages - I can finally dethrone Chapter 3

Bad(?) news: It’s so long that I've decided to release it in 3 batches, each batch will have 1 week between the other

It's been a long time since I started this series, so it's kinda surreal to have finished
I have a lot of regrets and things I wish I'd done differently but it served its purpose: to help me grow as an artist and a writer - and I  will keep on making shit no one likes

Look forward to it (that isn't a recommendation, it's a threat)

Blogpost over K bye

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread