Cultivator Against Hero Society

As a reader who has nothing to read anymore and dislikes chinese manhua/manhwa(im still confused with the two... and cultivating themes are a bit boring for my taste)

This is good
since theres few grinding in cultivation

Major spoilers ahead (i think)
id bet top 1 cant do anything more as a hero and lived with the normies as to why he has yet to make an appearance. Author kun might make top 1 as derpy as possible since the first villain/monster shown is derpy which is kinda funny

this is just a guess, mc said peeps around his realm are able to create worlds. What if the world that he got isekai-ed is also owned by a cultivator with the qi capacity to create a universe making it realms stronger than mc

Am Marvel Fanboy. Read up to Chapter 25.

I enjoy the nods to stuff like Superman, Power Rangers, but having read maybe 50 different xianxias, the core story barely holds my interest, is predictable, and honestly the MC is kinda boring.

There's no stress, no wondering whats going to happen, he's just kinda there and OP. There could have been an interesting way to tell the story, considering it's very much an isekai type story, but it's just the MC walking through a slightly different backdrop compared to most xianxias. It's fun for a bit, but I'm already dead tired of it and dropping the story here. I did like that he referenced his own past a few times.

Maybe I had hoped that the hero's would have put up more of a fight, but it seems as though the author has only a very baseline look at the hero archetype and story, and figured it would be easier to sideswipe them and put them at a terribly low level. Was hoping that with the title, it would be a bit more of a fight, considering there are plenty of beings in both marvel, dc and other comics that could easily match what the MC and his seniors have done. Dr Manhattan, The One Above All, Franklin Richards all have cosmic level feats that eclipse most cultivators endgame.

Power without restriction is not enlightenment. And realistically(its a joke), hero's would swat cultivators to the ground. The One Above All is called that for a reason, and the phoenix force would chew him up like a toothpick.

Art and grils are mad cute tho.

Fed-Kun's army
Having read many Xian xia, I would say this is on part or better than the majority of them out there. The MC is not a slaugthering self-righteous hypocritical rapist cultivator like all the other ones out there. If anything, he is just a mild mannered guy in a modern superhero world, where all the super heroes act like the typical murderous arrogant MC's of Xian xia stories.

There's no plot, so basically its slice of life. Well, there is technically an end goal, which is to re-create his sect, which makes up most of the plot so far. The high levels of edgelords, emo protagonists that plague the Xian xia series doesn't exist here.

If you are looking for a shitty copy cat Xian xia plot (yeah, just like Japanese Isekai, 99% of all Chinese Xian xia plots and main characters are basically the same, the same stepping stone trash characters, same harem members, same personalities, same events happening, almost like they are copies of each other, except the name's change). If you want an easy read with nothing serious happening, slice of life of a Cultivator in modern day super hero times, and a bit of comedy and multi-genre satire here and there, you will probably like this.

It's like a breath of fresh air among all the generic copycat Xian xia stories out there that are written by brain dead monkey's.

This is quite literally, something different.

Fed-Kun's army
Yea quite fun an interesting compared to the usual in the genre, some nice world building and the mc makes enough sense

Fed-Kun's army
i havent actually read any chinese manhuas since theyre all just "PEERLESS CULTIVATOR BLAH BLAH BLAH" bullshit but i saw some comments on this one and i think ill give it a try

This started out pretty entertaining, but then it just went off a cliff and turned to complete garbage. What happens when an interesting idea/theme just has a bad writer behind it.

this thing is a complete and utter mess. you could read it if u want tho, sure why not. but still it's a mess of everything, and there is no "story" per say.

there are some funny moments too tho, but not worth it for me

@hedgemoney any recommendations for Wuxia/XanXia manga? I read Panlong, Tales of Demons and Gods, and Star martial god technique. I tried to read others but they all have cliche plots

Dex-chan lover
If this is supposed to be one of the "better ones" I can't even fathom how horrible the bottom of the barrel must be.

Who am I kidding, this is chinese wuxia, there is NO bottom of the barrel.

Aggregator gang
It got picked, there's 42 chapters now on manganelo but i'm guessing it's gonna get updated here soon.

Users who are viewing this thread