Dad Is a Hero, Mom Is a Spirit, I'm a Reincarnator - Vol. 4 Ch. 19.5 - My Little Treasure

Dex-chan lover
Sometimes I feel bad for the isekai parents because they're pretty much deprived of raising an actual child of their own.

@Rozzak

Well it really depends on the scale I guess.

If it's something like swapping souls are replacing the soul of a child that they've already given birth to, that'd be pretty unfortunate. Luckily, seems that wasn't the case here.

Then there's also the question of when the baby regains their memories of their past life. If there's no interval whatsoever, it might as well have just been plain transmigration. Again, doesn't really seem to be the case here. In those 2 years without memories, despite being a baby unaware of most things, she had to be influenced to some effect.

I've thought about that as well, but really, in the end, the child that they gave birth to, isekai'd or not, is still very much their child.

Dex-chan lover
@Rozzak In most cases the parents believe their child happened to be a genius. So, they won't be aware of being deprived of anything. This is the case even if the child fell seriously ill at some point and then woke up as a somewhat different person. Though of course the kid is not always a genius, like in Bakarina's case...

Dex-chan lover
she looks so cute with her short haircut. Wonder if we will be seeing more of Van-tan in coming chapters too. Van must protect her from evil prince

Twi

Fed-Kun's army
@Rozzak
Sometimes I find myself feeling bad for the child that’s sometimes swapped out. Especially when the parents and those they’re close to say “I don’t know what happened to make you change but I like you more this way” or “your better this way” or some other variation. I mean isn’t that heart breaking, they prefer someone else.

Contributor
@Twi That reminds me of an LN I read a while ago (it was in Japanese so I'm not sure if it has translations now), basically it's an isekai where the soul of the isekai MC enters the body of the female native lead (much like Honzuki), but the unique thing about this story is the fact that the original consciousness of the native lead is not gone or erased, but stays, mostly dormant inside the body because of her mental state (extreme depression, etc, won't say too much because it's a plot point).

Basically, The MC and the native lead share the same body and swap from time to time. The MC helps the original soul solve her problems and the soul lets her use the body in exchange. Though the original soul normally takes over at night when the MC is asleep, though I don't know how that works biologically, but it's a world of magic so who knows.

Oh, and the parents know about the isekai MC's soul inhabiting the body, and accepts her into the family.

Contributor
@Twi @KatFtw That's the problem. I remember the synopsis but I don't remember the title. Been asking around but no one seems to know. I'll give an update once I find out.

Users who are viewing this thread