Dad Is a Hero, Mom Is a Spirit, I'm a Reincarnator - Vol. 4 Ch. 21

Dex-chan lover
Never read the light novel version, but she should be able to.
If I'm not mistaken, she is not just a spirit, but a young goddess, like her mother.
About the dust that caused their lung injury, she did noticed the mine also got quartz crystals (p10). Aren't those like glass ? So it could be like inhaling fiberglass dust.
Checked the previous chapter, they only said about visiting a mine, and plan on having Ellen put in precious metal inside. Did she know it was a silver mine though ?
Because she gets excited about what she should make. If she knew it was a silver mine, then it would be easier to convince the miner by putting more silver, to make them think they finally hit another silver vein rather than putting random new mineral. From how she was surprised at the miner's excitement, it's like she didn't know it was a silver mine.

Gunk in the lungs aside, isn't silver poisoning a thing, too?
She noticed their skin colour, so she should have thought of the poisoning possibility too.
Maybe the comic version carelessly cut away that part from the novel.

Ideally she should be looking for a method that can be made by the workers, or at least by human. She can heal the older survivors now, but she couldn't stand by for every future patients.
Like in case from Isekai Yakkyoku, handling everything with divine power is not scalable.
She need something normal human can do as long as they know the method, or else she wouldn't have time to do adventure fighting baddies.

I really want to like this series but it seems to all over the place. I think I'd enjoy the wn/ln though

Aggregator gang
Does this series normally just not drawing the faces once they're a certain distance away? It didn't seem to be done for effect, more like the author left it for last but had to publish without finishing them?

Double-page supporter
@cryum The miners have Silicosis which is a sibling disease to Asbestosis and the more famous Black Lung Disease/Coalworkers Pneumoconiosis. Silicosis fits all the symptoms and geological qualities presented.

Double-page supporter
@rluka From what I briefly looked up, native silver is rare but when found is often associated with a variety of other minerals, quartz included. I think that Ellen knew this, and decided that silver would make the most sense. I didn't look too deeply, but I think it's possible that quartz and silver may have similar base chemicals or have similar development requirements, hence why they are associated with each other.

@Svelandria
Quartz is formed from SiO2 crystallizing out of silicon solutions (i.e. magma). Metallic silver deposits (as opposed to more common ores) are typically from ancient volcanic activity, thus finding silver in a large quartz deposit. Same idea follows for gold.

Dex-chan lover
@KingRagnarok150 : the web novel actually skimp on all these details. This whole mining area story actually took like maybe 1/3 chapter at most. Second chapter of the second arc.

There's no description about interacting with the locals.

So, seems like the author, or editor, asks to expand more about the details in the published novel.

Users who are viewing this thread