Dad Is a Hero, Mom Is a Spirit, I'm a Reincarnator - Vol. 5 Ch. 28

@0TheWatcher0 its exactly that. Children's brains are different. If you somehow got transported into the body of a child you would become childish again. And besides even an adult might cry if they think they are responsible for someone's death or suffering

Double-page supporter
Its a shame that there are like 2 roads where a carriage could pass and i they dont have like a powerful spirit that could give em chase....
It think they just didnt want to get wet in the rain lmao

@mimisan so you want to tell me that she can recall all her memories and experience from past life and use them as she wants but she can not act mature because she has a "child's" brain? i get your point but the logic doesn't work out.

of course? why not? At any rate this is all speculative. There's no way to know what would happen since theres no reincarnation, transported to another bother etc. in real life to compare to. We can only speculate and make intelligent guesses.

A child is a child no matter what their experiences or memories.

Dex-chan lover
wait she really never met lafilia before lmao

@mimisan "A child is a child no matter what their experiences or memories." uh no

Dex-chan lover
@Kampfarsch
That’s so insightful! Thanks.

On another note, she IS reincarnated meaning she is a child. Unlike transmigrators who have their "soul" the exact same as their previous life, reincarnators only have memories of a past life. I don’t think ppl understand reincarnation well...

Man, these thugs really need to check their sources. Imagine this sort of mix-up.... Actually, imagine if they actually got Ellen. This is a mercy.

And Aria is clear to care about Lafilia. This might be the thing to snap her into acting more like a good mother, and hopefully a decent wife...... Or she can spiral into something even worse, but my hopes are high.

See here, as nice as it is for Sauvel to console Ellen.... she's right. It is her fault. Sure, she saved quite a number of people, but her reckless usage of her powers with hardly any planning or foresight to the consequences is what led to this. Had she been far more discrete, this mess would've never happened. But I'm sure everyone's gonna keep coddling her.

You know, the rain wouldn't be a problem if you know, YOU'D GONE AFTER THEM FROM THE START?! No no, I know why he wouldn't go by himself, but why didn't Ellen command him to go after the kidnappers right off the bat?

Huh, nice usage of past circumstances and the differences between spirits and humans to not introduce a deus ex machina into the fold. Though it raises the question of whether or not a human could use the water mirror, which from the looks of it isn't possible. Actually it's probably forbidden for any mortal to enter the spirit realm to begin with.

I don't see how the letter told Ellen to look for those three phrases. Maybe the first and second one, but the third doesn't make much sense if she doesn't know the kidnappers confused Lafilia for her. How would she know that at all?

Well whaddya know, Sauvel isn't a pushover. Now that's how a real dad should look.

Ok, so Gadielle isn't involved in the kidnapping. Or isn't informed there was a kidnapping. He's a pawn, is what I'm saying.

Worst time for a reunion... Let's see if he remembers to keep his distance.

@Aichan To be fair, she shares the burden too.

@Knighto Imagine thinking how and why a kidnapping happened while a kidnapping is still happening, and you're trying to get the kidnapped back. Also he just told you why he can't find them with his ears. And blockades take time, this is still within the same six hours.

Like do you read

@0TheWatcher0 She's acting plenty mature and natural. She's the reason her cousin got kidnapped, what you don't want her to feel stressed? I don't get your point and the logic doesn't work out.

@Xcaliblaster I missed the part where we got a map and saw if the roads branch off.

Dex-chan lover
@Sadrobot thats exactly why she isnt a child tho? If you took my dumbass brain and put it in a kid i wouldnt be a child

@Zarabas @Ryrie @eng1

I grew up without a father , my mother was always busy with work
WARNING! I MADE A STATEMENT IN THE SPOILER TAG THAT MAYBE SENSITIVE TO SOME SO BE WARNED!
IT IS NOT A SPOILER ABOUT THE SERIES BUT RATHER MY OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCE

Her past lovers always abused me starting from the age of 6, everyday I was neglected, abused and left alone

But, never have I been like Lafila.

Nor, had I gotten a steward or a person to guide men on the right path

Whenever her past lovers abused me the excuse she said was that they were still YOUNG and had an easy temper thats why I should put up with their beatings

Even when my HALF BROTHER, who was only 13 joined in the beatings. She said that my brother is wrong but I should forgive him because he is still "YOUNG"

Being young is not an excuse!

SHE HAS ACCESS TO HER GRANDMOTHERS GUIDANCE AND THE MAIDS AND BUTLERS AS WELL . SHE FREAKING HAD SOMEONE TO RELY ON

You may say I'm cruel and its the parents fault

BUT! THE CHILD HERSELF HAS THE CHOICE TO CHOOSE TO DO WHAT IS RIGHT AND WRONG

ITS UNFAIR THAT PEOPLE SAY THAT ITS OKAY JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE YOUNG !

Aggregator gang
I think people should just accept that this story is a trainwreck and enjoy the drama instead of trying to think about it this hard, this story doesn't deserve people taking it seriously.

Dex-chan lover
@eva4hidden Not to downplay your experiences but there's a big difference between being neglected while abused and while being spoiled from luxury. She chose to listen to her mother because the maids/butlers look at her like she's garbage and her father barely pays any attention to her so the only one she feels like is an ally is her alcholic mess of a mother. Her grandmother as well is too busy doting on Ellen to tell her son to actually look after his own daughter instead of his niece. Lafilia is still in the middle of growing up I very much doubt most people can look back at when they were 10-12 and say "Wow I was so smart and mature"

Damn, this is becoming annoying. The plot is so bad the author is even using bullshit ass-pull reason to further the dumb ass crisis that shouldn’t have happened in the first place.

And also, can somebody care more about something else except the MC? Everybody treat her like only she matter in their life, even when Uncle’s daughter get kidnapped, he still want to comfort MC. Seriously bruh, stop jerking off the MC’s family all the time.

Speaking of, arent MC a fucking adult reincarnated? Why sometimes she’s acting like a kid while sometimes like an adult? Like make up your mind author.

In conclusion, local isekai manga trying to be over dramatic.

@Ryrie
Let us just agree to disagree
Since we clearly have different opinions
I stand by mine and you stand by yours

I completely understand that

Lets just end this argument here like water under the bridge

Now this is a supeeeeer interesting chapter that came after a not very interesting chapter 🤩

@R-mod Ellen was the "cause" not the "fault" there is a BIG difference between those things. If she hadn't done this the yes the cousin wouldn't have been kidnapped but the ones who are at fault are the criminal. Saying it was her fault for trying to cure people in front of her eyes because she didn't "do it with the psychic abilities of clairvoyance to prevent every possible bad outcome from happening" is IMPOSSIBLE she's a half-spirit, not Omnipotent and Omnipresent. Saying it's "her fault" would be something called victim blaming. It's like saying "oh that girl dressed sexily so she clearly wanted to be raped". She tried to protect her family by making the wrong moves... BIG FREAKING SHOCK THERE people can screw up relationships regardless if they've lived in a past life or not especially considering the MC admits she was socially awkward as fuck in her past life.

Yes there were several things she "could have" done but most people don't have instant deductive skills in real life. Furthermore, even if Van is ordered by Ellen to "find her cousin" he may be unwilling to listen to the order anyhow. Remember he is "her guard" and depending on how stubborn he is by the time she got him to DO IT it may have been too late anyhow. You never know how a person is going to react in a crisis. Some panic and some become as cold and as calm as the devil himself. Clearly... Ellen is the type to panic.

@Lelouchezero Actually, it's not her fault because she healed people. It's her fault because she used her powers and otherworldly knowledge recklessly with hardly any thought to the consequences. She was correct that attention would be focused on her as the healer, but she never took into account anyone else in the Vankreift household getting involved, specifically Lafilia, who's around her age, a daughter of the household, and a young girl. All of that makes confusing the two of them when they're both hardly in public a very strong probability.

This isn't about clairvoyance or instant deduction; it's about foresight and careful planning. Clearly, she didn't think this whole process through as much as she should've, especially since it was hardly necessary in any way. This is the OP isekai MC scenario that tends to happen, except here it's pretty realistic and handled well in terms of consequences. You use your powers carelessly, and all eyes are on you and whomsoever's around you.

And you kinda do know how a person will react, sometimes though, but that's not neither here nor there. She could've ordered him to pursue the kidnappers, not specifically find her cousin. Given that he consulted with Rovel, he obviously had some consideration to the fact a human child was abducted and could've gone after them had he been given the order.

Regardless, that doesn't matter. What does is that Ellen was irresponsible with her power, and now she has to be more cautious and careful with how she acts, given she was already in an important position to begin with. Now she'll see her actions can easily hurt everyone around her, however noble they may be.

Dex-chan lover
You know, i used to think this was a shit show of a story but then i gained a new perspective. Rather than being about ellen it’s about the tragedy of lafilia. Or rather how her life became a comedy. 🤡

Jokes aside, I honestly need to know, does the character writing ever get better? Like for ffs whenever i think about this series all i can remember is the dumbass tiger spirit who causes this unnecessary arc, the down right retarded father and grandmother (though i feel it would be insulting to actual mentally retarded people to be associated with them), the completely incompetent uncle, and the royal family who is the embodiment of not learning from their mistakes. It doesn’t help that the spirits are displayed as being these higher beings (in particular the three sisters/relatives/mother of ellen) yet then are immediately displayed in a contradicting manner. Take ellen’s spirit family for example. Despite being presented as godlike and having influence over parts of the humans’ lifestyle, two-thirds of the three have been presented as completely oblivious to humans unless they are directly and currently related to ellen or her father. The grandmother and father are also pieces of shit despite the author trying to portray them as otherwise. You’re telling you could care so fucking little about your niece/grandaughter that you completely ignore her existed and refuse to get directly involved despite being aware of what the ACTUAL FUCKING ISSUE IS (such as the grandmother trying to hint to her son despite the fact he’s already been proven fucking useless.) Usually i don’t notice this shit or have misconceptions but in this story it’s really blatant that if you’re not ellen then you either have a shitty life or are downright braindead in terms of intelligence. Please tell me something changes because i need to know if i should drop this shit so i dont have to rant about it again.

Anyway, who has it worse. Lafilia or Blind Girl.

Users who are viewing this thread