DAE eat spoilers for breakfast?

Dex-chan lover
When I'm coming across a new manga (or anime for that matter) I often have to deal with a presentation blurb that's close to useless. Sometimes between tags and browsing reviews I can get a better idea if the manga is worth my time. But sometimes I have no idea, and the perspective of reading through two or three chapters before the manga starts to show its true colors and reach its cruise speed is quite a downer. So recently I've started to pick a random chapter (typically at the end of a volume) and read it in diagonals. I'm not looking deeply into the dialogues and plot but I take notice of the structure, characters, rhythm etc... I'm not saying it's super accurate way to assert if the manga is good or not, but I can at least eliminate the most egregious traits that I dislike in term of structure and focus of the story. And I'm not spoiling the story really all that much since I'm not reading too deeply into the details. Does anybody else do something similar or am I a weirdo?

Dex-chan lover
I often skim through the latest chapter of a manga to spark interest. Usually I need a convincing opinion or an edit to push me into new material.

That usually separates the hype from the good like Oshi no Ko and how everyone praised it like the best anime ever on the first episode to only never being talked about again.

Users who are viewing this thread