Daily Life of a Certain Married Couple - Vol. 1 Ch. 6

Dex-chan lover
This would benefit from a brief TL note at the end explaining all the different foods ...

Dex-chan lover
@Rialtoir Pineapple with ham on pizza is freaking delicious and I will defend that position till my last breath.

Ozouni is a traditional dish with mochi. Usually it uses dashi so it makes it savory soup. (Can add chicken etc) mochi is not sweet in this case.
Daifuku is sweets (basically mochi filled with sweets - red bean paste in this case)

However she put white miso in it so supposedly it has a bit of sweet taste instead of fully savory.

Closest thing you can think of to compare w western food is adding candies/chocolate to chicken soup

Additional:
Osechi is traditional fancy new year meal set
While daifuku is usually w mochi/rice flour, manjuu is from other flour like wheat or buckwheat
Miso is fermented bean paste. Most of you know what miso soup is.
Instead of the savory dashi that's usually from kelp or bonito, she uses miso instead. There's red and white miso, red being more savory.

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the update, please continue translating this manga really love it. Thank you translators can't wait for the next update.

Dex-chan lover
@iceaco thanks for the clear explanation! if yoh were me, I'd go full Inquisitor for such blasphemy!

@pab101 say your prayer, heretic! the church of normies don't accept such blasphemy!

Dex-chan lover
@Piex I can always use comrades when it comes to the defense of pineapple and ham on pizza.
@al_pacino I - as a representative of the Pizza Pantheon - hereby declare a holy war on you blasphemers! We shall cleanse you and your heretical teachings forever from the Earth.

Users who are viewing this thread