Daily Life - Oneshot

Group Leader
fZxcJ8U.jpeg

Sincerely, get some mental help should you find anyone in this kind of situation. If therapy's unavailable or unaffordable, at least talk to a friend you trust would take you seriously.
Pretty much the best advice, I'm trying to build up courage to start going to therapy.

Since I got an idiopathic disease I hated myself for letting myself down if that makes sense, I was too angry to allow myself to fix things. After 8 long years I started to talk about it with my friends, and realized that I do need help.

Dex-chan lover
Pretty much the best advice, I'm trying to build up courage to start going to therapy.

Since I got an idiopathic disease I hated myself for letting myself down if that makes sense, I was too angry to allow myself to fix things. After 8 long years I started to talk about it with my friends, and realized that I do need help.
It does make sense yeah, and is a reasonable response to your situation. But don't beat yourself up over a disease you can't control. It's not your fault.

I'm wishing you all the strength, patience and courage on your path to healing. Try not to be too hard on yourself. And I'm happy for you that you have friends to rely on.

Dex-chan lover
Really good panel. It really captured the late stage depression from my experience. Entire months of my life collapsed into a single day of nothing
Sincerely, get some mental help should you find anyone in this kind of situation. If therapy's unavailable or unaffordable, at least talk to a friend you trust would take you seriously.
Agreed. And also don't fear taking meds. A lot of people look down on them but as a "happy pill" like if they were a recreational drug or something. Their effect couldn't be any difference. For me they just changed my capacity to get up to face the day by allowing me to have meaningful sleep. Before the antidepressant every day felt like a continuation of the last one and I would wake up as tired as the day before and assailed by the negative thoughts you only get when you are really tired and late at night. After starting the treatment I started to rebuild my life bit by bit. Starting from smaller things like cooking for myself or cleaning and then bigger steps like going to back to university and even working eventually. You still have to force yourself but it gets easier and easier.
On top of that, the side effects of modern antidepressant are much smaller and less intense than it's predecessors. There is no more "chemical castration" from them. From my experience, the persistent side effect, is just a small reduction of my sex drive, not even particularly much. Doesn't impede me from either getting hard or having an orgasm. The short term side effect was about a week of a persistent headache. But not an overwhelming headache or anything. It was a very light headache easy to ignore. The one weird thing about it is that it felt like the light pain was all around the cortex of my brain instead of hurting at the front or the side like a normal headache

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread