Daisy: How to Become the Duke's Fiancée - Ch. 15

Their interaction reminded me of a novel where the main characters have no EQ but are trying very hard to convey their feelings. Can't remember the name of it.

Woah, woah, woah! I felt so uncomfortable readying their little scene, that didn't feel romantic at all! She was constantly being scared, had her trauma resurging, feeling uncomfortable and he didn't really react to any of those cues at al! What the hell!

I appreciate that he respected her instructions, then noticed when she got uncomfortable and backed off. Consent! We love to see it! (Although the bar is really on the ground as far as those male leads are concerned, huh...)

Fed-Kun's army
@words

he did recognize the cues though?? the second her trauma was resurging and she felt uncomfortable, he pulled away and asked her about the next move aka asked her for her consent. the scared bit afterwards I personally see it as her being more nervous that he seemed more experienced than she thought but she still enjoys it (she literally thinks to herself about how pleasurable his moves are) before the waiter walked in the on them.

Heavy? tell that to Cecil when she's officially playing villainess for the first time 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Or to Yesuh when she has to play lovey-dovey with the emperor whiles he's in a reunion 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Fam, I temporarily forgot what happened last chapter, so when I saw his hand go up her thigh I was like “OH YEAH—OH SHIT” 😂😂😂😂

Group Leader
Whew that was hawt 😥😥😥

my guy Killian, buddy, my dood, you are surprisingly charming AF with the smooth chit chat 😍

@mootmar: Well, I don't know about that. Another reading would be: The timing of the waiter entering and him stoping coincidentally happen to be at the same time with her traumatic memories resurfacing. So whether or not him stopping was due to her reaction or the waiter entering is frankly not made very clear. Him scrunching up his face and being rather displeased by the waiter's entering, though, to me at least, suggests the later.
There's more to my discomfort though: I think that a sexual encounter that is to be described as consensual and healthy, no matter with whom, in what shape or form, requires both parties to be comfortable first and foremost. She clearly is not very comfortable with the situation. "I am scared" or "NO!" are NOT things someone purely enjoying sexual stimulation should be thinking. Not being able to clearly express this discomfort is part of the problem in that a lot of women (but also all kinds of otherwise oppressed people) are taught to not question or comment their treatment, let alone resist it - whether they like it or not. Granted, she does tell him to stop "down there" but seemingly can't go as far as just stopping that situation altogether. And making concessions like that - clearly being uncomfortable but still feeling as if one was obliged to let them continue whatever they are doing - is part of the problematic feeling of not being (fully) entitled to do so, to resist or stop them.
Edit: In this respect, I find it rather telling that she isn't looking him in the eyes when she's allowing him to continue...

This scene was so well done! Although I felt like it'd be seen shameless of her to ask that in those times but suprising the mc didn't mind/question her? Maybe the culture is a bit more loose maybe

The scene was hot, but i’m more interested in their low-key flirting but not flirting conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread