Damedol to Sekai ni Hitori Dake no Fan - Ch. 14 - Mu-chan

Double-page supporter
Look I get it there's a demographic for these but please for the love of God stop setting up gyarus with men twice their age, where is my gyaru:meguuusad:
There are plenty of mangas with gyarus with guys their age. Id say age gaps ones are actually in the minority.

Dex-chan lover
And we could have had the cure for cancer and the common cold already if it wasn't because the genius gyaru got bored of research and became an idol instead

Dex-chan lover
I don't even know Buckaroo Banzai, but it fits

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension

102 minutes

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension, often shortened to Buckaroo Banzai, is a 1984 American science fiction film produced and directed by W. D. Richter and written by Earl Mac Rauch. It stars Peter Weller in the title role, with Ellen Barkin, John Lithgow, Jeff Goldblum, and Christopher Lloyd. The supporting cast includes Lewis Smith, Rosalind Cash, Clancy Brown, Pepe Serna, Robert Ito, Vincent Schiavelli, Dan Hedaya, Jonathan Banks, John Ashton, Carl Lumbly and Ronald Lacey.

The film centers upon the efforts of the polymath Dr. Buckaroo Banzai, a physicist, neurosurgeon, test pilot, and rock star, to save the world by defeating a band of inter-dimensional aliens called Red Lectroids from Planet 10. The film is a cross between the action-adventure and science fiction film genres and also includes elements of comedy and romance.

I don't really like this movie poster image because it doesn't capture the movie correctly. But then, NOTHINC could capture this movie...

Adventures-of-Buckaroo-Banzai-Across-the-Eighth-Dimension-theatrical-poster-670x1024.jpg

buckaroo-banzai.jpg

Great many university researchers with a teaching obligation would welcome someone else doing a part of their teaching job for them, I suppose, so that they could spend that much more time in research instead.
Stuff that's accurate about an academic: Dark circles and a permanent 5'o clock shadow. Stuff that's inaccurate about an academic: Them actually talking to an undergraduate student. Also a freshman manual being difficult.

Dex-chan lover
Stuff that's accurate about an academic: Dark circles and a permanent 5'o clock shadow. Stuff that's inaccurate about an academic: Them actually talking to an undergraduate student. Also a freshman manual being difficult.
During my time in that world, I never witnessed an actual genius like you would have in fiction and exceedingly more rarely in reality. So, I don't know how one would be treated in reality. It seems quite inefficient to make a genius do the kind of work that won't foster their talents if everybody is expecting great things from the genius. Like you said, some freshman manual compiling and translating from a foreign language could be annoying for a researcher, but it would be pointless for the genius. I guess she was just hitting on him by doing favours, so it wasn't meant to be anything impressive.

During my time in that world, I never witnessed an actual genius like you would have in fiction and exceedingly more rarely in reality. So, I don't know how one would be treated in reality. It seems quite inefficient to make a genius do the kind of work that won't foster their talents if everybody is expecting great things from the genius. Like you said, some freshman manual compiling and translating from a foreign language could be annoying for a researcher, but it would be pointless for the genius. I guess she was just hitting on him by doing favours, so it wasn't meant to be anything impressive.
Agreed. Eh, it's a manga. They had to show that she was smart. Her trouncing professional chess player was probably a bit too cliche.

Aggregator gang
Wait, this series go gap moe with all the idols so far and i am all for it.
All of them has FMC potential so far.

Fed-Kun's army
The people complaining about lack of Urumin and Kimiya do realize the reason we're getting weekly releases for a limited time is to give spotlight to the side characters without taking away from the main couple, right? Some people are never happy with anything, geez.

Also I don't think Mu-chan and the teacher's age gap is supposed to be that big. She's a 20-something while the teacher is at most in his late 30s (I'd say more likely early to mid-30s and just tired and unkept). Is it a questionable age gap by real-world western standards? Yeah but not that rare really. In manga? Not at all.

Users who are viewing this thread