Danberu Nan Kiro Moteru? - Vol. 10 Ch. 82 - Acupressure

Dex-chan lover
Russian high school - um, in our country there are no high schools, because our schools are completely co-ed. You enter first grade and graduate in the same school.

I wonder if her bike was a parody of butch stereotypes, or was it just a random joke about her eccentricity?

Dex-chan lover
I really don't get the East and their taste for non Western medicine. I don't think there is any basis for Chinese medicine, and yet millions of people swear by it.

Dex-chan lover
So uhh.

Half of the chapter can be disregarded completely, then. Kind of shocking considering how so far the series has stuck to actual science, or at least plausible if not very well explored territories. Acupuncture is best left to Eastern fantasy series.

Fed-Kun's army
Isn't acupressure another kind of massaging? There is nothing esoteric with that.

the acupoint don't exist in the real world, or at least nobody's ever been able to show that they works.

I'd love to keep seeing well grounded techniques backed by multiple studies in this manga, unfortunately, its the authors choice to talk abot pseudo-science.

Dex-chan lover
Well guys Chinese medicine has shown some success in certain areas, like fore herbal remedies and stuff.
Also even acupuncture is used during surgery for anesthesia and has other uses.
There is simply a lot of bullshit mixed in like there used to be in european medicine in a pre scientific state.

Dex-chan lover
@tfwnosuccubusgf
I really don't get the East and their taste for non Western medicine. I don't think there is any basis for Chinese medicine, and yet millions of people swear by it.
"No basis"? The fact that it's been around for far longer than most Western medicine (such as sacrificing animals to Asclepius, or drinking mercury) means nothing to you?
Did you learn nothing from Darwin? Just because we don't understand how it works, doesn't mean it doesn't work (or that it's unscientific). The very fact that it's survived so long is proof that it works (or that it at least doesn't hurt).
There's plenty of weird shit in nature that we don't even begin to understand, such as how our brain is so good at identifying shapes. Are you saying it's bullshit because science can't explain it?

It's funny seeing people talk about science when they know nothing about it.
The only reason why there are no studies backing up TCM, is because nobody ever bothered to do so. Conversely, there's also absolutely no studies to disprove it, so there's that.

"The very fact that it's survived so long is proof that it works (or that it at least doesn't hurt)."

Imagine being this simple.

Dex-chan lover
@Wexmajor

Yeah I really don't feel like getting into it with that dude, but what a shit argument right? Not only has he asked to prove a negative, his logic just has so many holes.

Group Leader
Gina Boyd, or is it Crystal Gerson? or is it Crystal Boyd and Gina Gerson?

Don't mind me, just remembering some familiar names...

Group Leader
@lobsterfend the raws are already up to chapter 96 at the moment. The scanlations are just trying to catch up now.

Dex-chan lover
@Nolonar Tradition is not an excuse nor a reason for anything. The best thing we can do is to try to understand how it works. =/ Science may not have all the answers we seek, but that just motivates some people to search for answers all the more. I personally don't put much stock in acupuncture myself, but some people do. That's fine, I can respect that if it works for them. =/

And you're kinda right about that latter part. There's a lack of serious, non-biaised studies regarding traditional chinese medecine, mostly because people are split about it. =/

Users who are viewing this thread