Danberu Nan Kiro Moteru? - Vol. 9 Ch. 80 - French Press

Fed-Kun's army
@nobaka but we do not know at which point of the series we are, after all Hibiki met Ohma before Omega at what seemed like her current age. Also Murobuchi appeaed a few chapters ago, and he is bedridden in Omega since before Ohma appeared.

Dex-chan lover
@Abetillo
yeah but that's recent (in omega). For the years before that, he's fine. Besides, Karla's taller than that, and not particularly meek. Not sure she'd be in the same school as another Kure who's a teacher, either. More to the point, i doubt grandpa would let her be that far away from him, he'd die of loneliness

Double-page supporter
@SuperOniichan
It's the Japanese version of pointing out how dumb another friend's statement is and going "Holy shit nigga you dumb as FUCK" and everyone laughing. It's not to point out the punchline it's about pointing how dumb they are.

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan
No, the punchline is already obvious. This technique has other purposes:
[ul]
[*] It shows you that the character is dumb because he's meant to be, not because the author is (which is incredibly common, sadly). The author has to be aware of how dumb the situation is, or else nobody would point it out. This can also be played straight, such as when someone has a plan (which appears reasonably serious) and the smarter one points out why it's a bad plan. It doesn't have to be funny.
[*] It explains the misunderstanding (if applicable). The dumb guy is obviously doing/saying something dumb. If you didn't understand why he's doing/saying it, now you do.
[*] It puts things into perspective. For instance you have "normal girl" Hibiki who points out everything. And then there's everybody else pointing out Hibiki's eating prowess.
[*] It can be reversed for laughs, like how nobody bothers commenting on Machio's clothes anymore because they've all gotten used to it (even though it's still absurd).
[*] It's actually surprisingly realistic. If you saw something dumb in real life, you'd probably point it out too.
[/ul]

Actually, "this is a punchline" is more what canned laughter does.
This is a punchline, people are laughing, you should too, because it's funny, that's why they laugh.

... no thanks.

Dex-chan lover
That omake is so on the nose.

920x920.jpg

Aggregator gang
i gave up reading from this site, i hate "image failed to load" red banners

Dex-chan lover
the title is "french press" ? i prefer "french mating press" more , lol .

page 5 : https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/the-gendo-pose

I WILL BE BACK ... IM BACK .

Users who are viewing this thread