Dance Dance Danseur - Vol. 11 Ch. 101

Dex-chan lover
Something a lot of sports manga don't capture very well is that in many of these fields you have competitions and auditions happening constantly with stuff starting to heavily overlap. Without having much time to catch a breather after you last competition, you're already working on the next while having other commitments looming in the horizon. It's nice seeing this being somewhat showcased here.

The production of the sleeping beauty is one of my favorites, I'm curious who is going to be aurora

Double-page supporter
junpei and his two braincells at it again

ty for the chapter!!

Dex-chan lover
One thing I dislike the most in comics is a wall of text or walls of text.
From page 13 to page 14, couldn't you have made Ginya san explain the story rather than this ? I don't care about the story if it's told from an npc and a white wall with scratches on it (page 14).
It's very off-putting, and the annoying part is that it's a long-lasting impression ! Whatever is next, if it's about the same thing, even if well done, it'll be hard for me to like it ! How can I instantly trust that they won't repeat the first mistake they've done ?

It's not the first time this manga suffers from a lack of space in chapters to explain what's going on, but this is definitely the worst answer they gave to that problem so far.

Edit : There aren't even six fairies in the drawing corresponding to what the woman said page 14 !!! This is introducing and explaining what the sleeping beauty ballet choregraphy is, but this page is kinda sloppy and definitively not doing it's purpose well !
Where can I see the king and the queen ? The extremely gorgeous costumes and stages ? Close to nothing that is talked about is easy to understand from the drawings related to it, that's very bad !

Next page, talking about Carabosse, both illustrations are easy to understand and 2000 times better for the reader to immerse himself in the story !

Then page 17 is also only so-so... What is the first illustration supposed to represent ? Not what the text is saying, that's for sure. Should I think up of what's happing when I don't even know the rest of the story ? :angery:

In a comic, I'm supposed to follow the story through the drawings... If after looking at the illustration I have to refer to the text to understand it, when said text isn't even related to it, I can't make sense of anything that's happening !

I'm quite disappointed about all this.
Good chapter ending though in the last two pages.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread