Dance Dance Danseur - Vol. 11 Ch. 98

Dex-chan lover
What a treat of a chapter!

This is definitely the true Junpei; everything oozes his raw emotions and passion for his art. Though I'm surprised this really 'passed' the way it did, since he effectively went super rogue here and the performance seems far off from classical ballet. Granted the previous chapters were trying to establish that he's drilling in the basics so that he still does the 'correct' performance, but with his spark in it. It's regardless such a crazy thing they did here that I can't imagine there won't be 'some' consequences. Either the judges loving the performance, but saying it can't rank well since it's not appropriate, his body breaking down or Oikawa sensei telling him to leave her troupe, since it's not the type of ballet she teaches.

Or none of that happens and everything is great, but then what are we aspiring towards next? Not to mention the whole round-trip from 'oh this will be a great performance - aw damn, its a boring performance - Ruo motivates Junpei to change the performance - suddenly it's a godly performance after a single night'. I don't think it quite works with the themes of the manga so far. It's written very down to earth and that things don't work out perfectly like you envision they would. So I don't think it all just 'working out' here will really fit.

Regardless, that was cool!

Users who are viewing this thread