Dance Dance Danseur - Vol. 12 Ch. 104

Thank you for the chapters 💕 Again if someone is curious I recommend Marianela Nuñez sleeping beauty act 3 variation, same with the pas de deux I guess they are doing the wedding part

Dex-chan lover
Oooo, this arc is shaping up to be quite different from the priors!

One thing with Dance Dance is that it tends to stick to one main plot line / arc with either a secondary plot that tends to be pretty minor or a half-half split (usually more half-half when it's Junpei and Natsuki). The secondary plot also tends to always be something that contrasts the main arc (opposing styles of dancing, views on ballet etc). This arc started out similarly with Junpei as A plot and then Misaki as the contrast. But now over the last 2 chapters we insert in Natsuki, the new character Shiranami, Kureno (the new teacher) and turns out the two original dancers who came back from abroad are going to be fleshed out further as well and not just be there as faceless competition. Suddenly the plot got very complicated with all these potential character dynamics for the author to mess around with!

Another cool point is how we keep going back and forth between the discussions Aikawa was having with everyone before this whole thing got announced and present time. It's more non-linear than usual and makes the whole thing a lot more exciting.

So, at least to me, this feels like an arc where the author is trying out something new, pushing his writing skills a bit to make the arcs a little more complicated than usual. Dance Dance has always been extremely character-focused with a simple plot so seeing more contrast is nice. On the flip side, however, this stuff doesn't tend to materialize all that well from japanese authors. They're kind of quick to back out if they feel they overpushed and just simplify the plot away immediately. So I wouldn't hold my breath that the arc will be as dynamic going forward as it has been suggesting so far. If it does, however, then the author is really hitting new strides here.

Big thank you to the staff for the 2nd double-chapter! Please don't forget to rest!

Users who are viewing this thread