Dandadan - Ch. 146 - Castle Sieges Are Hard

Dex-chan lover
Not really feeling this arc ngl
It would be better if Momo had been trapped there with Okarun. At least then we'd have some narrative tension and some extra layers to accompany the action. The action now feels kind of meaningless.

If Okarun were there, the two of them would be forced to inhabit the same space and no longer avoid certain topics, while working together as a duo again. It could be treated like a dangerous getaway that helps progress their relationship, which has stalled for whatever reason.

Imagine how the two of them would react to the hotel "one bed" scene. With Zuma it just feels like a wasted opportunity and more "another character is immediately interested in either Momo or Okarun" bait that we know won't go anywhere in the end.

Last edited:
It would be better if Momo had been trapped there with Okarun. At least then we'd have some narrative tension and some extra layers to accompany the action. The action now feels kind of meaningless.

If Okarun were there, the two of them would be forced to inhabit the same space and no longer avoid certain topics, while working together as a duo again. It could be treated like a dangerous getaway that helps progress their relationship, which has stalled for whatever reason.

Imagine how the two of them would react to the hotel "one bed" scene. With Zuma it just feels like a wasted opportunity and more "another character is immediately interested in either Momo or Okarun" bait that we know won't go anywhere in the end.
That's exactly what I was thinking too. We could have get some real progress in their relationship and it would have been nice to see just the two of them in action, like at the beginning. This arc is still good but I don't enjoy as much as the previous ones and it's kinda predictable what's going to happen.

Power Uploader
Idk, this battle is especially to my liking, this chapter really felt like oldschool jrpg, where enemy gets more resources, and better quality so MC will have to do something as solo units, not commanders.
Thanks translation team and mangaka!

This is not it chief, hopefully Okarun returns soon. I'm tired of the decision of walking around, beating around the bush of Okarun and Momo being a couple and when an arc comes to a conclusion for nothing of significance to happen in reference to their relationship progress. This Zuma dude's feelings obviously won't go anywhere. It would have been nice if he was around for this so we could have some interaction between them. The consistency in the drawing and spectacle is nice and all, but missing the interaction from the main duo and group in general that hooked me a lot. Even though Okarun will likely come out of nowhere and save momo and the rest of the squad will clean things up as well or something since that seems to be the formula, sidelining Okarun like this is a missed opportunity and disappointing.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
zuma is throwing his spinning round shield , he thinks he is captain america ? lol .

last page :
what is the long thick big "thingie" between the legs of the griffin ? lol .

Users who are viewing this thread