Dandadan - Ch. 153 - Unji Zuma

Dex-chan lover
Soooo..... I was just reading blue lock with kaiser's tragic back story and all like 'lol yeah yeah you were abused big woops' and then I read this ... i am lying on the floor of my job crying .... Zuma needs a people who love and understand him

Last edited:
His choice to work overtime -- in an economic system that punishes people for not overworking by withholding promotions, exclusion from opportunities, and even demotions and unwanted transfers, and literally values people as expendable tools rather than people with multifaceted potential.

Her choice to have children -- in a society that relentlessly shoves the ideas of motherhood onto girls at an early age with no regard for those girls' preferences or life goals, then offers little to no aid for the troubles of the supposedly hallowed motherhood.

Capitalism sucks.

Double-page supporter
I am probably one of the most numb person to human suffering, but, this chapter hurt my soul

Dex-chan lover
Hmm

I've never been a single mother so I can't say for sure, but all of this seems suboptimal
Actually, some of the reason that everybody is like "Oh fuck" after reading this is because what we're reading here is actually pretty common.
When I was like 8 in school there was this kid and pretty much the same shit happened to him, the only difference being that his mother did not jump in front of a train but instead started smoking crack cocaine, when he was 16 or so he also started smoking crack...
My father tells me this story of when he was 15 or so and had to walk a fuck-ton with his friends to get to school, somewhere in the middle of the way there was the house of this old guy and the place was filled with cops.
Well, this old guy, his wife and his eldest daughter died in a car crash, a week later his favourite politician lost the election for president. Believing that because of this the country would enter a fucking civil war this old guy shot his other kid and hang himself in the garage, leaving behind a note of crazy ramblings.
People do fucked up shit when pushed to the limit.

Dex-chan lover
Well, it makes a whole hell of a lot of sense on why he wants to destroy everything.

But the hook is already in play. He doesn't want to destroy everything. He wants to save people. I mean look at all the delinquents who's lives are seemingly better because of him. I assume that's going to be the resolution.
I mean, it's already happened like 5 times so far? The troubled yokai becomes ally formula is getting a bit stale but OK.

From the police officer is important to the plot? to hello darkness my old friend

Dex-chan lover
Each time I'm like "ah yeah another sad story, not going to cry for this one because it's becoming repetitive".

And then I cried. Goddamn it.

Double-page supporter
Wow.
I really didn't expect to cry like that tonight.
Shit like this started hitting me in my soul when my daughter was born.

Dex-chan lover
to be honest , unji 's father is kind of dumb , lol :
he was poor and money-less , but he married a costly , stay-at-home wife who didnt have a job .
then he "made" 2 costly sons who didnt have a job .
then he over-worked himself .
this is 1 of the reasons why japan has many un-married men , lol .

actually , in page 3 , they mention his moped / his two-wheeled vehicle , so maybe he was killed by a random truck-kun in traffic , and now his un-reasonable wife wants to blame his un-related company ????

page 4 :
  • mother : im job-less and money-less, so i can not pay the rent for the room .
  • land-lord : well , you can pay me the rent with your hot body , lol .

- little brother : ... onii-chan , ... im mary poppins , you all ( quote of yondu ) , ... boku ...

page 11 :
- big brother : im not crying , you know , it is just raining . these are not my tears , they are actually rain-water .

last pages :
now the mother is money-less , home-less , job-less , husband-less , son-less , she was kicked out of her room , so she is spending the rest of her money to have fun for 1 last day .

when his father is dead , unji is not crying .
when his little brother is dead , unji is not crying .
when he is about to be killed by the train , unji is crying . so unji only cares about his own life ? he doesnt care about his father and brother ? lol .

- mother : hurry up , son . we have to catch this train , or maybe , the train will "catch" us . we will ride this train , or maybe , the train will "ride" us . train-kun will send us to the place of your father and your brother .

the mangaka loves dead parents / suicide parents ? what is wrong with him ?

main boy 's parents : they were dead ? or they commited suicide ? or they are still alive ?

main girl 's parents : they were dead ? or they commited suicide ? or they are still alive ?

pink hair girl : her mother was dead , and/or she commited suicide . her father is still alive ? or he was dead ?

ballet ghost was a mother , and she jumped off a building .

evil eyes boy : his parents are still alive , but the mangaka can change their fates soon , lol .

fat boy 's parents : they were dead ? or they commited suicide ? or they are still alive ?

alien girl 's parents : they were dead ? or they commited suicide during the alien invasion ?

class rep girl : her father was dead , and/or he commited suicide . her mother is still alive ? or she was dead ?

class rep girl 's friend : her mother was killed in a car crash . her father is still alive ? or he was dead ?

Users who are viewing this thread