Dandadan - Ch. 155 - Unji Zuma 3

Dex-chan lover
I hate that we live in a society

Edit: funny how some people can't take a joke

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Man.

So I see he had a cell phone and a photo album by his bed, but what was the slim black shape next to the album? Something related to their funeral? [Edit] Consensus says it's his police badge.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Major Pink Panther vibes in the front half :lul:

...and then the usual introspective gut punch. The cop has the right of it, though. You can either be swallowed up by the pain or funnel it into a better tomorrow :thumbsup:

...I really hope nothing bad happens to him :worry:

Power Uploader
Man.

So I see he had a cell phone and a photo album by his bed, but what was the slim black shape next to the album? Something related to their funeral?
His police badge. Idk what this is with this author, he doesn't write anything that out original or really different, but somehow, using the things that were seen in other stories, he creates something magical, maybe it's his art? Beats me. But even after 5 tragic stories in flashbacks, he still can pull strings to touch emotions.

Thanks mangaka and translation team!

Dex-chan lover
Emotions conveyed through visuals and supplemented with proper conversation without hammy exposition. I love this author so much.

Dex-chan lover
Idk what this is with this author, he doesn't write anything that out original or really different, but somehow, using the things that were seen in other stories, he creates something magical, maybe it's his art? Beats me. But even after 5 tragic stories in flashbacks, he still can pull strings to touch emotions.

It doesn't necessarily have to be new and unique to be good. Just well written and executed. I'm just amazed that it's this consistently well written and executed. I can't believe Cop-san became a real character, but then again so did Serpo...

I know exactly where the story is going. It should feel like an overused trope. 'I don't want to destroy the world, I want to save it'. It's been done to death.
But the approach to it is so grounded and well done that I can't even be upset.

I've almost even forgiven the author for constantly trying to hook our gorl up with every guy she meets. almost.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
His police badge. Idk what this is with this author, he doesn't write anything that out original or really different, but somehow, using the things that were seen in other stories, he creates something magical, maybe it's his art? Beats me. But even after 5 tragic stories in flashbacks, he still can pull strings to touch emotions.

Thanks mangaka and translation team!
I'd say its competency. You don't need to reinvent the wheel to write a good book.
The whole thing is simple, like you said it's not anything new or really original, but everything is builds up well and is actually really respectful and insightful to the real life parallels.
Characters also have feelings, goals and philosophies and don't exist 100% to move the plot forward.
We're fed so much low effort isekai and romcom slop that we forgot what a competent story feels like...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread