Dansou no Partner - Ch. 7

Dex-chan lover
Well, there's two possibilities here:

•Either the publishers REALLY screwed up and got so bad they had to make a public apology.
•Or, and it's very unlikely, the company actually managed to grow a conscience after seeing so many mangakas die of overwork and managed to stop things before they got too bad.

Dex-chan lover
Now taking bets for whether she’ll warm up to MC within 3 chapters, or remain a pain in the ass for the entire series.

Shame there’s so little reverse-trap content that I have to settle for this.
Truly is a shame

Dex-chan lover
I am pitting the authors and artist for this series now. I doubt we will see this series go on which is regrettable because many of us enjoyed it. The author getting away from the publisher is better to see

Dex-chan lover
Tried finding out what happened, but there is not really any concrete information about the situation from the author or the editors other than the apology under the announcement tweet. Best I can get is from the hiatus announcement, is the writing environment/editorial management was pretty bad, that they had to give an apology.

Checked on Twitter to see and there is just some tweets in Japanese from people saying how rare it is that an apology was issued and that the situation must of been really bad. Then some other tweets from people hoping the author gets full rights to their story and is able to publish it under another manga publishing company. The author hasn't posted anything about the situation and seems to be focusing on other works like gender change stuff. There seemed to be a gender change story about a high school boy who turns into a girl on their twitter.

It seems this manga won't be updated anymore or will just be on hiatus forever. The only way it comes back is if the author goes back to Big Gangan after the editorial board fixes the issues or is able to get the rights and move to another manga publishing company. Its quite sad because this was a pretty cute series, but just glad the author seems to be doing fine.
Major bummer.

Dex-chan lover
Man that apology was pretty crazy. What did the editorial department do to the author to warrant that type of apology, glad the author is in better situation now.
Some have commented that it smells like a HR departments nightmare.
I have no idea either, but back when I first saw the apology I did notice that at that time one of artists latest tweets was about how they "have already removed all sensitive content warning tweets", there might have been words had about public image that led to author saying 'if you can't support me even this much then I quit' or smth (and the apology is mostly for show).

Overall weird, and a bit sad since it was a nice comedy ecchi (even if ojou-sama was a bit yan, she was properly over the top at least).

Users who are viewing this thread