Dantoudai ni Kieta Densetsu no Akujo, Nidome no Jinsei de wa Gariben Jimi Megane ni Natte Heion wo Nozomu - Ch. 1.2

Dex-chan lover
As someone with glasses, the way she speaks abt them pisses me off sm. The enforcement of the ideas that having glasses mean u smart and ugly and the way the author tries to pass that off as tragic sniff sniff…GIRL GTFO LOL

Dex-chan lover
As someone with glasses, the way she speaks abt them pisses me off sm. The enforcement of the ideas that having glasses mean u smart and ugly and the way the author tries to pass that off as tragic sniff sniff…GIRL GTFO LOL
What I don't get is someone who's so incredibly beautiful normally wouldn't become a 4/10 cause she has braids and glasses she'd still be like a 10/10. This seems to be one of those retarded series with poor characterisation and plot that just has things happen so they happen.

Double-page supporter
Maybe thats just how japan views glasses

Dex-chan lover
Pretty sure the oversized glasses are there to obfuscate her face and along with the braids specifically make her not stand out. It's not to make her "ugly" it's to not make her stand out like her flamboyant past live did. The stuck out nail gets hammered down as it goes.

Dex-chan lover
We just need to wait for someone to drop that one particular essay about how versatile glasses is to the author's email.
Right lmao forgot that trying to be level surface critical on a site where most ppl are braindead was futile

Dex-chan lover
Sometimes I wish braid and glasses were not the trope of 'ugly and studious' girl. As if it will make her ugly at all lol. Other similar theme was using artefact to change appearance and it would make more sense. Dye her hair and have long hair cover her face can also works.

glasses can absolutely make someone ugly if they are not matching to the face. Also, It's part of the bigger picture mixed with the socio-cultural situation. If glasses are attributed to commoners in this setting, they will seem unattractive.
Same with a tan irl - it's attractive in cities because it signals that person is well off enough to go on vacations, and tan is unattractive in rural places, where it's attributed to working on the farm.

Manga is still rather meh tho, I would respect the redhead boy who seems to be a lead more if he had not simped for MC when she was a shallow idiot.

Dex-chan lover
IDK man. is it just me or does his is hat looks so misplaced. It's like a kepi (military hat) and a suit of armor. Either ditch the hat for a helmet or put on a military uniform.

Users who are viewing this thread