Dark Gathering - Ch. 58 - Scattered Flowers/Abundant Bloomings

His real body is a star you know and he draw the power from that. He is like an rpg character who already OP (in all sense) but have limited bag so he just bring necessary OP items. Even when defeated, he will just need to respawn in home base and restock, then challenge them back.
no the star is just a symbol of him not his real body. he still need absorb energy from the land . like Seimei said, the only way to win Taisui is find a method can cut off energy provider from the land . if you not do that the land will become limitless tank of energy for Taisui. he just need to absorb energy from land to recharge his energy , if he do that Yayoi can never win. luckily yayoi currently use the land as a curse so that he cannot absorb energy from land anymore.

Dex-chan lover
image.png

this is such a sexy dynamic. guy who wants to die but cant and the woman who uses him as fuel
It's a comfort woman and a soldier at war. I should've expected this reference a long time ago.

Dex-chan lover
His real body is a star you know and he draw the power from that. He is like an rpg character who already OP (in all sense) but have limited bag so he just bring necessary OP items. Even when defeated, he will just need to respawn in home base and restock, then challenge them back.
Gonna be honest, i did not know that. Completely missed when that came up or otherwise forgot. If he’s actually, literally a star, instead of just some upstart spirit who’s had a long time to build power and influence, then yeah ok, he’s probably not going anywhere. Do you remember when this was mentioned? I feel like that’s kind of out of place for this, given that every other spirit/god we’ve encountered has just been a very powerful ghost.

(Having written this, i’m not actually sure what the goat thing from the temple would qualify as, so i could definitely be wrong, but it still doesn’t quite feel right)

Gonna be honest, i did not know that. Completely missed when that came up or otherwise forgot. If he’s actually, literally a star, instead of just some upstart spirit who’s had a long time to build power and influence, then yeah ok, he’s probably not going anywhere. Do you remember when this was mentioned? I feel like that’s kind of out of place for this, given that every other spirit/god we’ve encountered has just been a very powerful ghost.

(Having written this, i’m not actually sure what the goat thing from the temple would qualify as, so i could definitely be wrong, but it still doesn’t quite feel right)
It was mentioned in ch. 38, pg 15 I believe.
In Asian mythology, Taisai Seikun has multiple aspects to it. Every year, each from 60 gods is assigned to govern 12 zodiacs direction, called Taisai (太歳) .
Taisai itself is not evil, it governs and influences good - bad, disaster - prosperity, etc. It's like when something good happens, something bad should happen in return (just like the concept of energy doesn't disappear,it flows from one place to another) and someone must be in charge of it. It just happens that if a person's birthday in Lunar year violates a certain aspect of Taisai, they will likely have troubles in that year.
Seikun (聖君) translates to Star Deity.
So Taisai Seikun is a god, represents Jupiter.
Since it is a god, revered in Asian mythology, in this manga story context, it makes sense that the shitty god Yayoi is fighting against is only a bunrei, because the main body of the god will be too much for even all S rank ghost to handle. Remember that Kishimojin (鬼子母神) (that children god) was a bunrei too.

Last edited:
this manga illustration never cease to amaze me. every facial expression, background and props are really terrific. i hope these images can be potrayed well in anime.

Dex-chan lover
Seeing god getting beat up we forget that this god is raring to fight the fetus which is suppose to be the strongest.

He might have more tricks up his sleeve.

Seeing camaraderie between Oiran and Sergeant is nice. It adds dimensions to their character.

Users who are viewing this thread