Dark Gathering - Vol. 14 Ch. 55 - Possession

Double-page supporter
Thank you very much for the chapter

🥳We're catching up with the raws! See ya in several days, or weeks, guys!

le3

Dex-chan lover
I'm thinking this is a fake-out. Zenki and Gouki are the two oni disciples of the DAOIST monk En-no-Ozuno whose feats included sealing and banishing ancient Japanese gods, not the ONMYO master Abe-no-Seimei who mostly worked in the ancient capital. Taisaiseikun is a Daoist god too.
Ohoo, interesting. It's kinda sad his name is not wellknown in weeb world compared to Abe....

Shuten Doji sensed the god right? He won't be a bitch ass who fought random priest instead he would challenge god right lmao
I'm not so sure about that. Maybe the one he sensed was actually the priest. The priest was also pretty confident that he'd be able to beat Shuten Doji..

Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
Having your blood bubble on your insides until you explode is metal af

Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
I'm thinking this is a fake-out. Zenki and Gouki are the two oni disciples of the DAOIST monk En-no-Ozuno whose feats included sealing and banishing ancient Japanese gods, not the ONMYO master Abe-no-Seimei who mostly worked in the ancient capital. Taisaiseikun is a Daoist god too.
Priest-san saids his bloodline is in japan and the 12 shikigami are a reference to the 12 shikigami of abe no seimei

Double-page supporter
Well kinda a shame that Zenki and Gouki apparently just a temp name for Tsukoyomi and Amaterasu Bunrei which make the priest identity En-no-Ozuno being unlikely. Atleast Shuten look cool, so looking forward seeing how he will impact the story.

Dex-chan lover
You're truly on a roll lately, thank you very much for the updates! Glad we're caught up with the raws now, but I can hardly wait for the next chapter already (as usual lol).
Yayoi had contingency plans for the katashiro after all. I expected no less, but sending it overseas? Nice lmao.
Handsome priest-san (possibly Abe no Seimei, I know, but I'm gonna keep calling him that for now lol) possessed Keitarou to fight, huh. Didn't expect that, but it makes sense. Wow, he's so scary and cool! Keitarou is full of life force which makes him popular with ghosts (and gods), so that's what his condition, has it been said before? Perhaps he has the potential to fight ghosts on his own. Will he learn to do it, I wo nder?
This is cool, kinda unusual to see Daoist references in manga like this. Thanks for the info. But yeah, it's revealed here that Zenki and Gouki might not exactly be their real names, so...well, only time will tell. Let us wait and see.
Shuten Doji the wild card is finally here!! The design looks so awesome. Now then, will this be a three-way battle, or "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" situation? Can't wait to find out!
Priest-san knows about it, so it might not be too hard for him to kill it (that's one hell of a dangerous expression he has), but that might not be wise - might be better to have all the manpower possible to kill Taisaiseikun first.

Dex-chan lover
Wait a minute, something doesn't add up. The sun shikigami was male and the moon shikigami was female, but Tsukuyomi is a moon God and Amaterasu is a sun Goddess?

Keitarou is full of life force which makes him popular with ghosts (and gods), so that's what his condition, has it been said before? Perhaps he has the potential to fight ghosts on his own. Will he learn to do it, I wo nder?
It was said in chapter 41 that Keitaro's constitution is similar to a God's

Dex-chan lover
The thing is some anime tends to mix up legends, one aspect of each other.

Even in Shaman King, Hao, who is based on Abe no Seimei, has Zenki and Goki

Also isn't onmyo has roots in Daoism as well?

I could be very wrong tho a lot maybe haha

Dex-chan lover
Wait a minute, something doesn't add up. The sun shikigami was male and the moon shikigami was female, but Tsukuyomi is a moon God and Amaterasu is a sun Goddess?
May be part of a yin-yang reversal technique for sealing, since they also used Daoist disciple names as the sealnames of the divine name carrier shikigami (and the Daoist god they're currently fighting also used yin-yang techniques per Daoist tradition too), but I'm frankly just bulling this out of my ass.

Group Leader
Finally reached the raws! Now wait for 1 month every update, thank you for the update!

Dex-chan lover
This series went from horror to shonen real quick. I'm not complaining ofc. I've been enjoying this God battle :meguu:

Dex-chan lover
So there a huge change that monkey doll graduated will join Shuten Doji? my my
where the next chapter T_T don't leave me exciting like this
Face Peeler is a certified murderous asshole, which fits with Shuten. Though most likely the reason he released Shuten is mainly because it could fuck over Yayoi's plan. Who knows what will happen however. If Priest-Keitaro cant/wont stop Shuten, he's more likely to target Tai Sei rather than the graduates.

Also, damn, Priest has bunrei's of the 2 of the top gods of Japan. How the hell did he manage to bag Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi of all things.

Users who are viewing this thread