Darwin's Game - Vol. 20 Ch. 78

@haremmony

yes, I understand that and I don't agree. if you have an evolution in a species, it's not dormant in the species. the catalyst was the bite. this isn't XMen where Shuka was born with evolved genes compared to her predecessors. that's what I mean by retconning. since the instructor agrees with her comment and not Kaname's. I'm sure we'll find out soon though!

@Tromend
I actually forgot about that. but in this case, doesn't it mean that it's actually even worse? like they spend 3 days in the world of hornheads, while a week passed in theirs since it's accelerating ahead?

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYUP. This is what has me worried, specially since they straight up stopped talking about the original side. Then again, could be misdirection and the author did that on purpose OR the author just sucks at history. Either or, its a coinflip.

Double-page supporter
@tailor31415, and i'm telling you there isn't anything really contradictory about Shuka's answer and the snake-bite awakening sigil power on people, hence your opinion about things being retconned is honestly confusing. The snake-bite could really just a trigger to a forced evolution on people. This is a manga we're talking about, an evolution happening in an instant is not unheard of. And also, considering multiple universe (server) is a thing now in this manga, alternatively, the Snake-bite could also actually just gifting people powers that their counterpart from different universe had managed to evolved to.

If you're referring to how the old man agrees more to Shuka's rather than Kaname's figurative answer of Snake-Bite, then that could easily put aside by the fact that the old man came from a Server that seemingly had a different concept for their D-Game, which isn't a "real-world mobile action game".

Dex-chan lover
May I assume that the blacksmith guy who looks like Kaname is hie root of sigil??

Dex-chan lover
@xiso
It's said that when they tried the world traveling thing 200 years ago, they are crushed by people from heian period(as noted by Shuka). Heian happens on 1000 CE, about 1000 years ago, so 5 days they spend there would only pass 1 day on his original world.

Dex-chan lover
Interesting so far.

Also the author really loves murrican action movies doesn't he?

It just makes no sense that their new sensei can take down his disciple by rushing at him when the guy literally has the inhuman reaction time to stop 2 bullets phasing in inches from his head, and then he's taken down by kaname and shuka when kaname is inferior to his own master the JP rank #1...who can't take down the kid in combat even with the aid of CN #1.

So you end up having Shuka/Kaname > old guy >> kid disciple >> Xuelan >> Kaname, which doesn't make a lick of sense.

@Sinai88
the old guy said he didn't used his sigil, and the kid just wasn't on awarness
also you can't just say X is Stronger Than Y, who win and who lose is often more complexe than just a measure of power

Users who are viewing this thread