Daughter of the Emperor

Google isekaiscans if you want to subject yourself to this. This is the most dogshit version of the "villainous father figure" trope yet though. "Oh woe is me! I'm a warmonger, a butcherer and treat people like shit. How tragic a person i am, can someone save me from myself!"
I'm not mad at the character, but how is this supposed to illicit sympathy to gird up the "girl redeems broken man" trope? Half the main male characters are presented as broken victims because they committed atrocities while simultaneously being the people in power in an aggressively expansionist imperium. Its not like they even stopped doing it because they felt bad, they just won. Cry me a river Nero.

"Sigh... i have to watch how sexy my dad is as a daughter..."

gyges out

Disclaimer: This is all very clear “spoilers” from the first 3-5 chapters, so take it with a grain of salt. It’s not tagged because it’s literally 3 chapters, which can be read in 2 min.

Someone explain to me at what point does an individual start to feel attached and at ease when in the company of another who has suffocated the individual and threatened to gouge our the eyes of the individual, forget him apparently killing all his mistresses and children.

And no, I’m not taking about a baby, I’m talking about someone who apparently has personally experienced getting murdered.

Seriously author. Decide if this is a mature drama or some lighthearted comedy with mentally questionable characters. You can’t have both in back to back panels.

It’s challenging to read this after SBAPOD.

I can’t understand main character’s thought process at all. For example, you can’t just say “somehow I’m feeling calm when next to this guy who is clearly portrayed as psychotic homicidal lunatic” and have readers automatically understand what the feck you’re on about.

If someone tells me this issue is addressed later on, maybe I can try to read it again.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

@SturgeonsRevelation
Later on in the Story,
There's some chapters from the father's POV, explaining his side and apparently he got better, less cruel, thanks to her guidence.
The reasons behind his Wicked personality and the Road to that is revealed Little by little too.

Group Leader
For once I want the MC to kylo-ren her father instead of sucking ng up to him and ignoring the atrocities he commited

uhh frankly after 100+ chapters i find the mc bratty and her obliviousness borderlines stupidity, even though she's lived 40 years worth of lifespan

i like her dad tbh; he, perdel, and the nanny are the main reasons i still follow the story, combined with a desire to know more about mc's mom and asisi's mom

i'm almost wondering whether the only reason he has so many guys after her is solely bc of her looks

I really like this story. I came to read this after reading SBAPOD, and found this a lot more detailed in characterization. I only realised recently that it was written before SBAPOD, and the author actually had to go through legal routes to sue Plutus for plagiarism which was acknowledged! The art in SBAPOD is clearly better, but thinking about it further I can see how SBAPOD plagiarised key ideas from The Emperor's Daughter. I still just love SBAPOD so much (finished reading the novel and following the manhwa). Finishing the novel for SBAPOD made me feel so complete, it is just so good.

Personally, The Emperor's Daughter has a lot more depth and plot. I have really enjoyed reading it until the end of Season 4. I would like to see more magic/fantasy, romance, and more father-daughter moments. So sweet! My only hope that the manhwa will divert from the novel. I've read that the ending in The Emperor's Daughter is terribly rushed because the publisher asked the author to wrap up all of a sudden. Since SBAPOD is diverting from the novels, I am having all my fingers and toes crossed hoping that it will be the same for The Emperor's Daughter.

Really? I'm talking about the tappytoons, the official english...
so someone's gonna upload chapters here?

Dex-chan lover
@jbenj you won't find the rips here because it's against mangadex rules to upload rips. Go to bato to, you can find english rips there.

before yall hate on this because of wmmap, daughter of the emperor walked so who made me a princess could run. obviously wmmap is going to be more developed because it was heavily inspired and made after this manhwa (daughter of the emperor).

Users who are viewing this thread