Dawn the Teen Witch

šŸ˜”ok so i've read all trough chapter 12 ,and the female protagonist is always helpless, always saved .and the only aptitude she is showing for now is defense magic, and even that idea is not fully matured yet.
it's really repetitive and she isn't showing a knack in anything ,( for now chapters1-12) .
Dawn portrays the typical "kyaa" girl.
sorry for the rant but i was expecting, and still expecting quality, considering that the art and the idea the manhwa illustrates , is fun. it's frustrating when the main character, the protagonist just proves herself to be just another quirky girl, that has 'dreams' , and 'hope' of becoming someone, but is hardly showing any redeemable qualities to realize the said dream.
still i hope the female lead will show some potential, because reading a dry moe manhwa where the characters never grow is in the end, tiring.šŸ˜”

FINALLY SHE SNAPPED
HERE'S MY FIESTY DAWN
GET 'EM GIIRRLLL
But seriously, i hope there is more than this. Her being girl and thing being fluff and typical is okay but-- i prefer the "i would yeet everyone to the ground and prove myself so watch me!" Dawn. Like- c'mooonnnn

So because the MC has five or so chapters of being relatively downtrodden from the entire school ganging up and bullying her, in what is obviously the build-up to her amazing comeback once things come to a head, after nine-odd chapters of her being amazing, she's a total spineless wimp all of a sudden? Other complaints seem to be about her not having gone from absolute zero to OP and able to beat down people from the upper ranks in less than twenty chapters, or the story taking the time to place foreshadowing and lay out character backstories piece by piece instead of all at once. This is a good series. An active MC with an aggressive character, a good pacing that will make for a very good story long-term, side characters with interesting backstories and motivations, hints to where the MC's talent lies and how she'll cultivate it... You get the point. The other comments are all way too negative so I felt the need to toss out a counterbalance.

Group Leader
@gelas if you havenā€™t succumbed to temptation. so far outside of the unfortunate sorting hat thing it has a relatively distinct identity from HP . Some mechanic tweaks for the magic system including the sorting hat(s). As for class size for the mc and her strengths they remain to be determined. She isnā€™t going to be a weak character and shows fair decision making given the situation sheā€™s in. It may be worth mentioning that it is a shoujo manhua and imo the plot and world building progress in a manner typical to that genre. Still has a decent amount of potential. For those who havenā€™t started maybe wait till chapter 16 comes out? 14 ends on a cliffhanger

The art is beautiful šŸ˜ canā€™t wait to see the story develop, thank you so much for translations!!

I feel like the second male lead is way more interesting lol. the first male lead is kind of dull and has nice guy energy. lame

I love everything about this story except the pacing and reasoning. A lot of the plot points when put into a certain perspective don't make much sense :/ It feels like the author doesn't realize they are withholding information from the readers. The pacing in terms of our MC's character development (or in this case fortifying existing personality and strengths) is very well done. What I have a problem with is pacing in terms of story. As I've said prior, it's like they're withholding information on accident then remember it randomly and just drop it somewhere. For example,
if members of the witch's claw are supposed to be kept secret, why do they have so many scenes of the claw doing their jobs? They should've lessened the Claw scenes or at least made the characters involved anonymous while also foreshadowing/hinting which characters are part of it. Honestly, and maybe this is just me missing an entire plot detail, but I didn't even realize witch's claw members were supposed to be anonymous until it was straight up mentioned in conversation.... several chapters after the group was introduced. Regardless of if i was being an ignorant twit, it should've been emphasized more that the group was secretive through increased anonymity.
I'll be nitpicking a bit but the paneling and the way certain events are illustrated (not in the literal sense; the art is sTUNNING) feel very off to me. Occasionally there are moments that have very bad pacing or just aren't written well such as when,
MC looks at the mirror to the library asking if anyone else sees it followed by the lady doing some weird investigation/psychic magic (?) to do who knows what. I definitely don't because it wasn't very well explained and honestly? Still kinda mad about it because it would've made for good plot buildup if it weren't for how badly it was framed/written and the fact that it was never brought up again.
But don't let my nitpicking stop you from reading this. While I have format complaints, I've seen much worse. Honestly, it's a cute concept and I genuinely love the MC and her two other friends (not the guy who i presume is the ML, I can't bother to remember his name and he honestly has no personality traits besides "nice, not-judgmental, hella cute and good-looking". Well, you get the idea. I really love the world they are in and I can't see me ever disliking the story for its setting (again pacing is another story god dAMMIT i'd love it even more if it was well illustrated).
Okay literally the only scene I really liked were all when
MC would fight back. I love hot-headed and aggressive female characters hehe. Also really liked when she was bullied and didn't do anything until her friend was harmed. Like she immediately got up and basically gave the bullies death threats LOL She mad simping for her gf and I support.
At least there is some good to come out of this.... ??
Would I recommend this? Depends on what you're interested in. It's a good story to read when wanting to be brain dead or when you're feeling absolutely bored out of your mind and need some entertainment to consume. Should you read this for plot? Don't expect anything mind-blowing. It looks like some generic plot line will be triggered in a few chapters from now. If you like the general idea but want it done better then I recommend Gakuen Alice. One of my first manga I read so maybe I'm a bit biased, but they did this concept better in more ways than one.

tldr; It's an okay read but don't expect it to go above mediocre. Pacing is an ass and can leave readers mildly confused at best. I'm remembering now why I dropped this story so fast LOL

I actually like greene, hope he gets upgraded to male lead šŸ¤— chasel is kinda dull. The way he is written is that you have to like him cause he is the male lead.

This story is wonderful! I love how determined and passionate the female lead is, but the male lead doesnā€™t stand out in terms of personality. The artwork is gorgeous and some of the components create motion within each panel, like the gushing of magic whooshing from a magical medium.

The only issue I have with this story is the clear logical flaws within the plot. I feel like some aspects arenā€™t explained thoroughly enough, so the pacing feels a bit rushed at times.

Users who are viewing this thread