Days - Vol. 29 Ch. 251 - Small Gap

Thank you for translation! and man i feel like Seiseki is going to lose this game, everyone is saying they are going to win and they are favorites, so i think they’ll choke under pressure cause no matter when since the series started they have never been actual favorites to win it all.

@Hjerez kinda strange that they leveled up just to get beaten down? Still I am hoping the naive Tsukushi will be able to calm them down and they just stick to what they know best.

That discrepancy point makes no sense. He specifically says it's not about overconfidence, that it's because they leveled up by different amounts as a result of their match with Ryouzan. The match two days ago. The match where they basically performed on an individual level exactly as expected. The match where it got dragged out into this weird 3-3 tie and then a 4-3.

This is literally the start of the match, where they're all rested and should be in good condition. I am fully admitting that I don't know much about football/soccer, but it just doesn't make sense to me to say that they're out of sync with each other now of all times. Like, maybe because they are using a different starting lineup, but that's not what he talked about at all.

Dex-chan lover
I think because they all grow differently throughout Ryouzan's match, now they expect the same things from the start. For example, maybe Mizuki is already in third gear since the start while Oshiba starts from first gear. This kind of things. I don't know, I'm not the author.

This chapter was complete nonsense in terms consistency.
On one hand author portrais Seiseki through whole manga as a team that develops very strong fundamentals and structured understanding, where everything is planned through, formation changes and behavior. Like the frequent formation changes and gegenpressing.
Now out of nowhere Seiseki is incapable of fundamental link up play, everything is out of sync.
Poor writing by author, lack of consistency to create plot. Rating for manga goes from very good to good this was final straw.
Only think keeping me from setting it to Good rating before, was character personalities, but I cannot excuse poor writing.

Crumble, crumble. It's Tsukushi's time to bring the morale back up and get everyone back in sync! Actually, Kimishita is the best person to reset and put everything back in order.

And reading the comments from earlier; guys, this stuff happen in real life football. So pipe down with the "inconsistent" thing and all that lol.

This is too cliche lol

If it follows the usual cliche, Seiseki's gonna give up an early goal and have to frantically catch up and win in the dying seconds. I hope that doesn't happen as it trivializes the magnitude of their win against Ryouzan. Also that theory of how differently they levelled up in the previous match sounds like horseshit to justify struggling against a team which should supposedly be weaker than the one they faced earlier.

Double-page supporter
For me there is no contradiction with history so far. Football is like this, even if apparently it seems the opposite, there is no continuity between one game and another.
Every time the referee blows his whistle the story starts all over again and everything that happened before doesn't count anymore. It happens to all teams, even the biggest ones, to have a positive streak and suddenly fail to recreate the coordination of the previous matches. The real point is that there are billions of factors to consider so it's often impossible to explain why this happens. Therefore the "discrepancy" discourse is only Kaoru's opinion and is not the only possible interpretation.

As someone who's played football at a relatively high level and is a big football fan, I can definitely say that this type of thing is by no means uncommon. The whole thing about small discrepancies sounds iffy in practice but makes sense in theory, but the idea of Seiseki struggling more against a team who are weaker on paper is definitely something that's seen in football a fair bit, especially in tournaments and cup competitions.
An example would be if a team beats Barcelona/Real Madrid in the UEFA Champions League quarter-finals but then loses against Ajax in the semi-finals.

Either way, I'd wait and see how this match turns out before casting any real judgement, the game's just begun after all!

Group Leader
Not same thing but it happens even in eSports, a team beats one of the strongest teams but a few days later they lose to a weak team. It's all about mentality tbh

The real question is whether they had a team practice between the two matches or not.

If they did, this explanation is bs. If they did not, it's possible they couldnt get adjusted to each other yet. So they will need Tsukushi to stick them together like glue and once they warm up, it will be a simple win.

Users who are viewing this thread