DDos must be really bad I got a Cloudfare Capcha on entry.

Group Leader
To check something, I use a plugin called "The Great Suspender" that suspends Chrome (Brave, in my case) tabs. I wonder if I'm getting the captcha because I use that plugin and the referral urls look something like this:

chrome-extension://klbibkeccnjlkjkiokjodocebajanakg/suspended.html#ttl=DDos%20must%20be%20really%20bad%20I%20got%20a%20Cloudfare%20Capcha%20on%20entry.%20(Thread)%20-%20MangaDex&pos=1105&uri=https://mangadex.org/thread/65272/1/#post_495029

Or if it's Brave blocking some Cloudfire cookie or something.

Miku best girl
Admin
Captcha is currently off.

It gets switched on when the DDoS gets really bad.

MD@Home
@firefish5000 It's indeed useless if your computer is part of an attack against a website you don't visit, but consider the following points:
1/ While 99.99% of the bot computers may not be users of the attacked website, everyone who does see this message IS an user of the website. Therefore the chances of this message actually being shown on an infected computer are higher than you might think.
2/ Displaying this message is essentially free. Therefore, even if only ever helped ONE person EVER, it's a win.
3/ The Cloudflare DDoS mitigating system wasn't invented or implemented for Mangadex. In fact I'd dare say Mangadex is a tiny little fish compared to many of CF's clients. On a more mainstream website with even more traffic there's a higher chance of having SOME users being unknowingly part of a botnet.

Posted this in another thread but I've been getting multiple redirections to a captcha in the middle of chapters in the last hour when I've never had to do one for this site before. I hope this is very temporary because it's getting really frustrating. I don't mind having a captcha upon entry to the site or whatever and I fully understand why it helps but not 5 times in 60 minutes, c'mon now

Fed-Kun's army
moreover it's the shitty google captcha, it never works at first try for me, needs at least 3. Huge PITA. I hope those shitty ddosers die in a lot of pain.

I am using Firefox and I hate Google Captcha. It is slow to load the pictures, sometime takes 5s to load the next picture and I always need 3 ou 4 differents tests to get to the page.

Users who are viewing this thread