Dead but Alive

Group Leader
Thank you for "The Problem of My Love Affair"! I hope you guys don't drop it!

Hello there,
In a recent chapter of The Emperor and the Female Knight one of your editors made a "trap" joke in the credits. "Trap" tropes are dangerous depictions of transgender people. If you want to learn more about why depictions like this directly harm trans people (trans women in particular) you should research about the "trans panic legal defense." Additionally, many trans people have written pieces about this and you should listen to them. "Why are traps transphobic" is a good phrase to google in search of such articles.
I hope you take time to consider why you shouldn't be making jokes like this. Thanks for your time.

@n0body I beg to differ. Traps are what the anime community would call a straight anime character who dresses up as the opposite sex to deceive people. It is not intended to be used as a slur for transgender in real life. In this situation, the scanlators are addressing the term towards a fictional character, not an actual person. I don't see any relation to that credit as offensive towards the LGBT community. Though, this is a different case if the term is used irl.

Hi!! I just wanna say thanks for continuing to translate Revenge Wedding and Problem of Love Affair. Hope u'll not drop these and more chapters soon to come (((o(*゚▽゚*)o)))♡

I am loving Problem of My Love Affair!!!! Thank you for working so hard and subbing!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread