Deadpool: Samurai

Aggregator gang
Impressions (up to chapter 2):

Art:
A mixbag of uncanny to serviceable. Not top tier but definitely better than their contemporary western counterpart.

Characters:
Deadpool: oldschool deadpool fans will find this deadpool frustrating, modern deadpool fans (particularly the video game and the movie) will feel right at home. I hope we get more of his depressed side but i somewhat doubt it by the tone of the first 2 chapters.

Other marvel characters: Captain Hydra America is okay with letting a murderous psychopath in the Avengers? Iron Heart Man hesitant on expanding the Avengers manpower? Am i missing something? I hope author sticks to OCs and deadpool only.

Sakura Spider: Useless eye-candy waifubait tsundere, the perfect shounen heroine. Can't wait very lewd onee-san, shy loli, and best girl who never wins. All with the depth of a puddle and complexity of playdough. Jokes aside, Deadpool harem manga is something I didn't expect, but oddly want. I mean i can always read Tracy Scops' works but having that nippon flare really changes things

Story: Honestly needed better set up. I mean one could argue this is shounen so young boys couldn't possibly follow complex things such as, character motivations, overarching goals, character dynamics and character flaws. However children are smarter than adults give them credit. I'm just asking for deadpool to have better motivation than "mistah stark gave me the mooneyz so i betta do as he says".

Action: eh nothing inspired.

Jokes: Got me howling on a few moments, smirks and chuckles on others. Relies entirely on 4th wall jokes which isn't a good sign on the long run but hey, the jokes they made were already pretty good. Just needs more variety.

Overall:
For a cashgrab, it's pretty serviceable. Certainly not part of the Shounen heavy hitters, but for what it is (and compared to the contemporary comic equivalent) It's pretty good. I'm just glad Disney's trust and safety counsel's grubby little hands are off this series. Just need to add character motivations, a persistent big bad (preferably OC, in fact every character aside from deadpool should be OC), character dynamics, flaws and developement, and we're all good to go for 200 chapters where fans start complaining about how the writing went to shit and just want to see the series end with deadpool happily ever after with lady death.

Is this an elaborate scheme for marvel "comic book writers" to claim that marvel comic books are selling well?

Deadpool in general is just 300% fanservice
so
can't really complain when these chapters so far is just straight up fanservice.

Deadpool: oldschool deadpool fans will find this deadpool frustrating, modern deadpool fans (particularly the video game and the movie) will feel right at home.

lol yup Deadpool in the comics(especially in the early 2000s) is a different monster

Welp found out this existed. This is actually pretty damn good, just hope they don’t have Deadpool constantly be the wacky woohoo chimichanga man and show off his more serious and/or brutal side.

I just had one important and crucial question, will this female Spider-Girl be part of the spider verse now?

Up to this date every time someone asked me “what is your favorite manga?” My answer every time was Evangelion, why? Well I could take all day. But now... FUK THAT, NOW I CAN SAY THAT THE ALTER EGO OF RYAN REYNOLDS IS MY FAVORITE MANGA

Group Leader
as much as it is corny the venom anime idol girl is actually kind of a cool idea?? thats rad as fuck

Deadpool fun fact:
3b58f619f55597a58fface919c52398cffc50f1fccaab76581383ce2e6cd25e9_1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread