Dear Gene - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
Wait, Amish again? Directly related to the other one?
I thought the author would at least go with Hasidim or something...

This feels like a spin-off. There are too many coincidences. This has to be Danny’s brother that left the Amish community years back. Story set in 70s, Oz and Theo’s timeline is in the 80’s. A small brother in the last shot that looks suspiciously like Danny. The mention of the Vietnam war where Oz’s dad fought in. I think the brother’s name was Gene too.

EDIT: I SEE THE “RELATED TO” ON MANGADEX NVM IM GLAD I WAS RIGHT :D

So excited for more chapters!! Just scared that it'll be really sad since it seems like they're no longer together in the present time. Thank you so much for working on this series!

@liszst I dunno but... THANK YOU SO MUCH. I just felt like I had to thank you haha OOF. I got extremely attached to Rumspringa no Joukei so being told about the relation between these two mangas makes me feel emotional somehow.

Both brothers found love in NYC huh :')

Dex-chan lover
-24 C hahahha......boi....rest assured i won't be caught outside
jokes aside, this story boarding is just *muah* classic
beautiful art too
interesting premise thus far; simple, cool char designs, especially with dark skin ones

Dex-chan lover
Ah, so this is now about the story of "Jean" as he was called in the author's other work, the "Rumspringa" one. Not sure why the scantalation team on this one call him "Gene", and the team that did Rumspringa call him "Jean." Was a lil confused at first but, yeah it's definitely Danny's older brother, the one who left the Amish village in Rumspringa.

Users who are viewing this thread