Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku - Vol. 15 Ch. 98 - Banquet At The Duke's Castle

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter. Not a lot moving in the plot this chapter, but at least this party scene is over. I do prefer the parts with traveling or villages, over dealing with places with decorum in this story. Also don't like food reaction scenes.

Also nice that elves come with an air fryer.

Dex-chan lover

To be honest, this is kinda breaking my suspension of disbelief - more so than the battle against the demon lord.

Why?

Because Consomme has been around since the Middle Ages. It makes absolutely no sense that if they have all these various oils and soy sauces that they wouldn't have consomme as well.

Keep in mind that while consomme does take an inordinate amount of time to properly prepare, the end product itself is very simple: a very flavorful clarified soup of broth and nothing else.

Another thing that kinda broke my suspension of disbelief: the utterly lavish setting of the Duke's castle.

The only way I can see it even remotely beginning to approach this level of lavish living conditions - even taking into account that this is a fantasy setting - is if this was a massive empire where the Dukes are all the children of an Emperor. And even then, this sort of palace - throne and everything! - would have been for an Archduke; usually the Crown Prince of an Empire.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter :glee:
Ujzxnrz.gif

Dex-chan lover
At this point Satou and his gang are kinda like my old friends

Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover

To be honest, this is kinda breaking my suspension of disbelief - more so than the battle against the demon lord.

Why?

Because Consomme has been around since the Middle Ages. It makes absolutely no sense that if they have all these various oils and soy sauces that they wouldn't have consomme as well.

Keep in mind that while consomme does take an inordinate amount of time to properly prepare, the end product itself is very simple: a very flavorful clarified soup of broth and nothing else.

Another thing that kinda broke my suspension of disbelief: the utterly lavish setting of the Duke's castle.

The only way I can see it even remotely beginning to approach this level of lavish living conditions - even taking into account that this is a fantasy setting - is if this was a massive empire where the Dukes are all the children of an Emperor. And even then, this sort of palace - throne and everything! - would have been for an Archduke; usually the Crown Prince of an Empire.
About Consommé: While I'm definitely no expert, maybe that's just something to do with the writer of the original novel. Possibly, for him consommé is that hard to make and did not think things over more than that.

About the "Lavish living conditions": Again, I'm no expert, but isn't living conditions mirroring the wealth and prosperity of the kingdom/country ? I mean, maybe the mangaka exaggerate a little or took one to many creative liberty. However, maybe they're trying to showcase that country prosperity. (Honestly, it's been so long, I kind forgot many world building detail, so I'm not too confident in this explanation.)
Sure enough, the "Throne room" does feel out of place in a Duke mansion. Can someone that may have read the original novel confirm whether that throne room exist in the novel as well or if it's creative liberty take by the mangaka ?

Dex-chan lover
Glad that the Isekai Diary of Worldly Function is back! :kek:

About Consommé: While I'm definitely no expert, maybe that's just something to do with the writer of the original novel. Possibly, for him consommé is that hard to make and did not think things over more than that.

About the "Lavish living conditions": Again, I'm no expert, but isn't living conditions mirroring the wealth and prosperity of the kingdom/country ? I mean, maybe the mangaka exaggerate a little or took one to many creative liberty. However, maybe they're trying to showcase that country prosperity. (Honestly, it's been so long, I kind forgot many world building detail, so I'm not too confident in this explanation.)
Sure enough, the "Throne room" does feel out of place in a Duke mansion. Can someone that may have read the original novel confirm whether that throne room exist in the novel as well or if it's creative liberty take by the mangaka ?
more like, that world's customs and traditions got effed up by the amount of Japanese people appearing either through hero summoning or reincarnation. And yes, that throne does exist. That Dukedom is quite big enough to be its own country especially that Ringrande is also a hero's attendant.

you'd notice how wrongly it feels with the priorities with the nobles and whatever shenanigans each territory has. And this extends to other empires and kingdom... ESPECIALLY the Weasels.

Users who are viewing this thread