Death Note: Never Complete

Dex-chan lover
Decent one shot. As mentioned, the idea of selling the death note did indeed grant a very different take. The plan itself wasnt anything grand, but it made sense.
As mentioned though, everyone getting 1 million isnt exactly gonna look good for the economy. The fact that he died as well is super bullshit. Like, in universe wise, it makes sense. But come on....

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Dex-chan lover
I guess in this universe America isn't holding 23 trillion dollars of debt lmao.

Also how did they figure it'd be a personal purchase when dealing with a weapon such as this that the current president himself would be the sole person on the line for? First of all it's not even his money. Second what if he's one day before the next president gets sworn in? He's literally just some guy who made a decision in the place of a nation that elected him.

Surely the artist knows when Trump or Obama gave the final call to engage Suleimani and Bin Laden it wasn't a personal decision like picking a McDonald burger. It's made under the guidance of who knows how many aids or secretary or general or counsel.

Reading this made me miss Light Yagami and L so bad...
The story is good until the twist in the ending. Poor MC...

Aggregator gang
Honestly it’s crap that a rule be in effect after the deed was done...it was a bit shallow...I mean the king could of said something during the process but no...After the sale, it makes it more harsher that trump benefited ...

Group Leader
I get it when people said they're surprised at how low the Shinigami King is, but if you had read C-Kira before this, the Shinigami King would give a Note in exchange for apples. Yes, APPLES.

At least here he's pretty reasonable, albeit being an a*shole, but in C-Kira he's straight up an a*shole.

Fed-Kun's army
noo i wont accept this, he was too hot to die

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

The ending was a twist for the sake of a twist without any meaning or logic behind it. It really was in poor taste and the manga would've been better off without it. Otherwise was a decent read. 6/10.

Would this cause inflation in the japanese economy rather than booming? If hundreds of thousand of people suddenly became millionaire the economy would collapse lol

Was a decent read until the very end. It really doesn't make sense for a rule change after the fact to have an effect on him, it kinda ruined the whole thing for me but whatever I guess.

For those making the inflation argument I suggest reading up on how inflation actually works: https://www.forbes.com/sites/johntharvey/2011/05/30/what-actually-causes-inflation/?sh=552122f9f9a9
TLDR; ”The bottom line is that there are a number of processes that can create inflation, none of which starts with, “the money supply increases.”

In regards to the story, I enjoyed seeing the death note used in an unorthodox way. I do wish the ending was different for MC but I guess it makes sense in universe. Still sucks tho lol.

Terrible and unnecessary are pretty much the best fitting adjectives to this one-shot. Worth reading only for Obata's fantastic art (as always), on the other side, the writing is appalling. I can't honestly believe this is the same Ohba that bought us DN, but considering how Platinum End turned out, I might've been the one overestimating him.

Group Leader
I dunno why people are hating the fact MC died. He didn't die because of the rule change, he died because he gave up complete control of the notebook, and since Ryuk himself will always kill the first user of the notebook, he killed the kid.

The rule change was there so he wouldn't have to be stuck in some vault forever because he had to go back to the Shinigami Realm, and probably also because selling the notebook makes the whole thing more boring for him. He goes to earth to see the chaos and greed that comes because of a book, not countries sucking eachother off with debt and finances while some zoomer profits and no one dies.

I think people are mistaking the original rule of the Death Note for the rule change. Minoru ended up that way not because of the Shinigami King's new rule but because he owned the Death Note. As Ryuk mentions multiple time, owners of the Death Note suffer a misfortunate fate - just as Light did.

Dex-chan lover
it was enjoyable but I hate that death note MCs aren't really that smart

he could have handled it in a 1000 different ways

Users who are viewing this thread