Death Sweeper - Vol. 5 Ch. 43 - The End of Eternity (Part 7)

Group Leader
I came into this series expecting something like Departures (2008 Japanese movie). Surely did not expect that kind of ending...

Dex-chan lover
Wow, what a fucking end.I was expecting life goes on and shit ending, and in a way, it did end like that but I was expecting a happier ending.Been following the series from the start, on multiple manga aggregator sites and doing my weekly if not monthly F5 on the scanlator site for updates until it died out one day. Great read and thanks Dark Tower Scans for the series. :thumbsup:

Dex-chan lover
Some time ago I read other manga by the same author and uh well.... my conclusion after finally also seeing Death Sweeper's outcome is that Kitagawa just doesn't know how to make a proper ending for his stories (even though they were running pretty well until the final chapter). Like they don't appear finished but rather rushed in a "it was cancelled so I had to bullshit something" kind of thing. But for the positives: I enjoyed the unique setting and the funny characters that balanced the eerie atmosphere, if this was turned into an adaptation and given a deserved alternate (or maybe more extended) finale I feel this could have turned into quite a masterpiece.

Incidentally, the shipper inside me can't help but stay satisfied that Miwa and Okazaki's last interactions were with each other hahahahahaha

Well, that was in fact an ending. Going to have to take some time to see how I feel about Death Sweepers, maybe take another read after a bit of time away. Thank you Dark Tower Scans for the hard work on the series!

Dex-chan lover
Well this manga absolutely turned to shit in the last 10 chapters. Literally nothing to do anymore with the start and middle of the story, terrible nonsense ending as well, i feel pretty bad about it

Dex-chan lover
Thank you Dark Tower Scans, wrapping up a whole serie is a really difficult task ( especially when the ending is heh, but that's the curse of pretty much any manga)

Group Leader
Oof. What a disappointment. Did the publishers just forget to tell the mangaka he was getting axed until "oops, your next chapter is the last btw"? Shame bc I was liking where it was going.

Thanks Dark Towers for giving us whatever this is anyway!

Fed-Kun's army
I've been reading this for 11 years. Sure didn't expect this ending. Thank you, Dark Tower Scans.

Dex-chan lover
That certainly is an ending..
Thanks for the scanlations Dark Tower Scans!

Dex-chan lover
Pbvwerik_o.gif

Thanks for translating this until now! As for the series itself.... it was weird as fuck. Why the hell did they add in a cult just like that, it destroys any sort of realism the series had.

Double-page supporter
Waited a decade to read how this series ended, and it was kind of worth it in the end? Of course wrapping any series is difficult especially one that deals with death, and even though the ending feels a bit lazy and is nothing special, I think the waiting part has mellowed out whatever criticisms I had with this series. And what better way to end a series on than to give the sweepers their biggest jobs yet while also killing off half of the world's population.

I enjoyed the various arcs, and I would have liked the ending too only if it was fleshed out a bit more, instead of being "ME INCEST BABY, ME NO LIKEY YOU, UH OH EARTHQUAKE, ME DEAD, BYE BYE". All of the character development thrown out of the window for what is essentially, like others have mentioned here before, an axed ending. The author could have chosen a much more graceful way to exit, and honor the characters and their lives he had created but he chose to steamroll ahead with the easiest way to end there is. I cannot hate this series as I have too many fond memories of reading this over the years, but it is what it is. If there's anything this series has taught me, is to learn how to let things go and appreciate the fact that it existed. Which I do now.

A huge thanks to Dark Tower scanlations for seeing this series till the end. You guys are the real winners here.

Users who are viewing this thread