Deathbound Duke's Daughter and the Seven Nobles - Vol. 4 Ch. 24

Dex-chan lover
I am definitely burnt out on these high stakes risks of death.

For someone who's got a dozen wands on her at all times, it doesn't seem like she's ever prepared at all, whether its mentally or emotionally. Or physically, for that matter. Like she knows stuff is going to go down, but she can't get a couple bodyguards to follow her in advance?

Dex-chan lover

For someone who's got a dozen wands on her at all times, it doesn't seem like she's ever prepared at all, whether its mentally or emotionally. Or physically, for that matter. Like she knows stuff is going to go down, but she can't get a couple bodyguards to follow her in advance?
Those wands were definitely not enough for the real big league. Even in this chapter it just served as an annoyance. Creating those wands (much less developing stronger ones) wasn't easy.

About preparing, she has prepared as much as she could. It's not like she's omnipotent. She's still a kid, and she's not as talented as real geniuses like Klaus and August.

It's not like she knows everything, as seen in this chapter by not knowing who Palug was. She just know the basics, because she could only clear two of seven routes before she died.

What bodyguard could help her? The black dragon was the strongest beast and Klaus was the strongest magician currently in the country. Anyone else would just die pointlessly.

Dex-chan lover
Anyone else would just die pointlessly.
The same can be said for Klaus, without support. These are mages without a vanguard, expending all your wands on distraction means you don't have much of a hand to play.

If MC is risking and will continue to risk her life doing these things, doing it without anyone's help is just self-sabotage and making her political situation worse anyway.

she's not as talented as real geniuses like Klaus and August.
she has the talent of being a damn adult. Or maybe that's arrogance to think that she has to resolve everything only with story characters.

Dex-chan lover

Sure, in hindsight. But how could she expect to face an actual Angel? Same goes for Klaus.
Plus, the wands she can prepare ahead of time are very limited right now. So obviously she just throws stuff at the wall to see what sticks. Things change next book when she gets more accustomed to using magic and meets her exclusive wand maker. However, we will never get that one published.

If MC is risking and will continue to risk her life doing these things, doing it without anyone's help is just self-sabotage and making her political situation worse anyway.

She had an undead dragon on her side. Who else could she bring, Saitama? :pacman:

she has the talent of being a damn adult. Or maybe that's arrogance to think that she has to resolve everything only with story characters.

How did I miss that being an "adult" would magically solve all my life problems! :notlikethis:

If we were following the same story, you could have, maybe, noticed that everyone at the "stadium" passed out? And even if she would get her dad, who is supposedly immune to psychic attacks, what would he do? Does he conveniently carry a doom stick in his pocket?

Well anyway, sorry but dumb take is a dumb take. And most action stories near always have an end of the world kind of threats. It's a staple of genre.

Dex-chan lover
I'm on Erica's side. This part of story is being fast forwarded a lot but in novel she has came prepared. She's not stupid, but if I could give you a word of her weakness, it's recklessness. It's part of being Aurelians, I guess.

Minor/vague spoilers from the webnovel for an upcoming arc.
Erica does eventually get something of a power up and instantly becomes way more capable. It's not isekai bullshit either. It's pretty cool/clever TBH. It's more like she figures out a way to use her current abilities way more effectively rather than an ass pull power up.

Dex-chan lover
Minor/vague spoilers from the webnovel for an upcoming arc.
Erica does eventually get something of a power up and instantly becomes way more capable. It's not isekai bullshit either. It's pretty cool/clever TBH. It's more like she figures out a way to use her current abilities way more effectively rather than an ass pull power up.

I also recall the story becoming much better around that time too...unfortunately the LN version got discontinued after Vol 2.

Dex-chan lover
"I can move at the speed of light"
The fact the MC is still alives shows that to be a lie...

Dex-chan lover
XTiZFZl.jpeg

Oh boy! I didn't think I'd get to use this meme twice in one day!

But seriously, the "nuh-uh I'm faster" trope is overdone. Stick a fork in it.

Supporter
Only 3 more chapters!
Boy I do wish if she can do more than being a bait
Then again she is weak alchemist. Still not sure what is the deal with spirit wanting to kill the kid for having purpose again.

Really appreciate if anyone would explain what I missed there.

Users who are viewing this thread