Dekoboko Majo no Oyako Jijou - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Group Leader
Can't say I understand retranslating everything when the prior translation was already of good quality. Seems like a lot of wasted time to do 34 more chapters no one really has a reason to read?
Well since a lot of people seem to agree with you, I guess what I can do is go ahead and translate the new chapters then later go back and do the other ones, but I (sorta) explain my reasonings in the chapter, namely that I don’t really want to, since I want to do as many as I can, for no real reasonable reason, I guess.

TLDR: I’ll probably go and translate the untranslated ones first and then go swap back to the old already translated ones once it’s time for me to do another one of these chapters.

Dex-chan lover
TLDR: I’ll probably go and translate the untranslated ones first and then go swap back to the old already translated ones once it’s time for me to do another one of these chapters.
I've seen quite a few other translation groups do this. It's good to keep everything consistent. Because sometimes when a new translator comes in they prefer a certain way to spell names, etc.
Thanks for continuing this series though

Dex-chan lover
Well since a lot of people seem to agree with you, I guess what I can do is go ahead and translate the new chapters then later go back and do the other ones, but I (sorta) explain my reasonings in the chapter, namely that I don’t really want to, since I want to do as many as I can, for no real reasonable reason, I guess.

I mean that's totally fair, if you want to do it go for it. But it will confuse and make many ask why? And the answer is its for you, which again is totally fine, its not like you owe anyone anything here.

Group Leader
I've seen quite a few other translation groups do this. It's good to keep everything consistent. Because sometimes when a new translator comes in they prefer a certain way to spell names, etc.
Thanks for continuing this series though
This is my first translation group, so I’m still not really certain what works or what is normal, so it’s nice to hear that there are other translation groups doing what I plan on doing now.

Dex-chan lover
This is my first translation group, so I’m still not really certain what works or what is normal, so it’s nice to hear that there are other translation groups doing what I plan on doing now.
aye if you want to just start at 1 and go from there more power to ya you are basically doing this for free because you want to lol and it's been so long since I have read any of this I would personally not mind following along from the start if you decide to keep doing that

Group Leader
aye if you want to just start at 1 and go from there more power to ya you are basically doing this for free because you want to lol and it's been so long since I have read any of this I would personally not mind following along from the start if you decide to keep doing that
Thank you, it’s nice to hear that, but I think I’ll just go back and re-translate the already translated ones later, after translating the ones that haven’t yet. It doesn’t change too much overall, and lets everyone who does want to see the new chapters see them sooner.

Dex-chan lover
Oh I see, is this meant to be practice. Your doing a work that has another translation already in case you mess up or somthing. That will cut down on the number of harsh reviews, but more do to cutting down on the number of readers as a whole. You'll get a few rereaders, but most of them will read a few chapters from you then just keep reading till caught up. Your more likely to get supportive readers if just pick up where it was left off, or start a manga without a translation. You'll get some harsh commenters no matter what, but they will get offset and chased away more by having more readers. But yeah if you want to test the waters by redoing the manga go for it, but I do think it would be more worth the effort to translate somthing that hasn't already been.

Dex-chan lover
Well first of all thanks for taking this amazingly fun manga over :D ! As for which is better betweent starting from ch1 or starting from the latest chapter it's up to you I don't mind going through the early chapter again as long as the manga is alive ! Thanks again and see you next update :bocchiwave:

Dex-chan lover
Thank you, it’s nice to hear that, but I think I’ll just go back and re-translate the already translated ones later, after translating the ones that haven’t yet. It doesn’t change too much overall, and lets everyone who does want to see the new chapters see them sooner.
An advantage to starting with not-yet-translated chapters is that it increases the visibility and discussion of the manga to new readers that were not already previously invested (and like keeping up with "active/current" stories). Plus it helps re-absorb the past viewership that kept up prior to the translation being stalled. Once caught up, then there is plenty of down-time between new chapters to re-translate the older ones to your personal liking and standard. Anyway, thanks again.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread