Delicious in Dungeon - Vol. 8 Ch. 56 - Bicorn

Dex-chan lover
HOLD UP.
Chilchalk is 28 or 29, and his daughters around 14.
29-14 = 15
HOLY SHIET. HE HAS CHILDREN AROUND 14 OR 15.
But how halfling pregnancy and lifespan works? I know they have short lifespan, but daaaaamn. 3 daughters not to mention

Double-page supporter
@comedyxtragedy

Afaik, if we follow tolkien version hobbits live older tha men.

Im not sure this version follow tolkien or has its own version

So in appearance yeah chilchalk doesnt age much like men

Dex-chan lover
Also, funny how they didn't even mention lust in their corruption quest. When that is the primary sin they check for.

Damn... Marcille is scary. Also, why do I always have to read this when I'm hungry? Someone needs to find me a mushroom that tastes like bacon.

Fed-Kun's army
@reishiki @ichi24
In Chapter 51 Chilchak mentions that the natural halfling lifespan is about 50 years, and he says that halfling-Marcille will grow old and wrinkled in just a few years. That implies that halflings wear out and age very quickly, even though he looks very youthful himself. If halflings reach maturity at 14/50, and Chilchak is now 28/50 years of age, he might soon be expecting grandchildren, and he might only be 12-15 years away from retirement.

Mathematically, it also makes sense. If Chilchack is about 28/50 as a halfling, and about 35/X as a human, then solving for X puts the average human lifespan at about 62.5. If it is possible for some rare halflings to survive double the standard lifespan to 100 years, then it also matches the rare case of humans who reach 110-120 years of age.

Dex-chan lover
Hungry laius is scary

Also Marcille is such a romance nut. I kinda like it

@Nicromatic i think theyve only been in this dungeon for like 2 months or so? im just doing rough estimates here but if almost each chapter takes place in the course of a day, and theres been almost 60 chapters, then 60 days = 2 months. there are multiple chapters that happen over 1 day or less but i think with the amount of time that passes between most other chapters, that averages the time spans out

Dex-chan lover
It's not that weird if he got married at 15, since he just said that Halflings reach adulthood at 14 yo. So technically he got married at his early 20s in human age which is pretty normal. The biggest question however is the pregnancy period for Halflings, due to their short lifespan, since he has 3 kids (so that's 1-3 pregnancies).

If Halflings have a lifespan that's about half of a human, we can assume that the pregnancy should be more or less the same, right? I'm not a biology major so I don't know how it works.

Did you just kill a Bicorn!!!

1510229296011.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread