Delicious in Dungeon World Guide: The Adventurer's Bible - Ch. 3 - Chilchuck

The several mentions of weight is interesting, I wonder if halflings working in the Dungeon field are prone to being underweight.
While BMI is pretty much complete bullshit, an 18 would put Chilchuck on the underweight category (If we even assume the BMI scale can correlate to other fantasy races). Not too surprising considering human Chilchuck was pretty scrawny.
Kinda sad to read that he's worried about his weight from eating a reasonably healthy amount of food, plus the amount of alcohol he drinks can't be good for his health.

Dex-chan lover
Come on Chilchuck, i am sure Senshi would do for a great husband! plus you will get to eat his cooking even after you retire from dungeonering.

I will bet that the reason his wife left is related to her getting tired of dying in the dungeon.

@Mistyyy His job is to disarm and avoid the traps of the dungeon, call it an occupational hazard if you will, but having low weight actually keeps him alive.

If there's ONE dwarf to trust, I would trust Senshi, c'mon.

He took care of the fucking dungeon like it was his house, AND is a great cook, the guy's a jackpot.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm always amazed at the amount of thought and worldbuilding Kui puts behind the scene

Aggregator gang
I'd argue that May's probably the one that looks least like him since Chilchuck has naturally round eyes. He's just too much of a tired old man to keep it that way. Anyways I guess his wife isn't his type at all oof. If they were born in the same year does that make his first two daughters twins or...?

Judging from the manga baby logic, I guess Chil's wife might looks like the first succubus in chapter 58 but with black hair.

Dex-chan lover
Well, dwarves are the manly version of halflings after all... Also, Chil's daughters are so cute!

Dex-chan lover
@Sarsak Considering their shorter lifespans, it's likely half-foot gestation periods is shorter too. The lifespan is roughly half as long as a tall-man/human, so the gestation period is probably only 4 to 4.5 months.

Chilchuck's freckles & hairstyle = 7-9yr old Dennis the Menace; the lean years.

Poor guy. He had a hard half-life. I hope he finds another wife to grow old together.

Dex-chan lover
13 has kids, 14 reaches adulthood. So does that make it a teenage pregnancy even by half-foot standards?

@ReaperCreeper

I always ask myself this question since the bicorn chapter,

chilchuck's 29 yrs old

At first i assumed that:
he married at 14 yrs old
Have 1st child at 14 yrs old
2nd child at 15 yrs old
3rd child at 16 yrs old
But then he said that all his daughters are already adults so thats plus 14 yrs to his age since his 3rd daughter but that would make him 30 yrs old, it didnt add up all.

I thought maybe he had twins (somewhat true right?) or just like @CelticMutt have said maybe half-foot have shorter gestation periods

Then this chapter is released, chilchuck had kids before reaching adulthood.

Dex-chan lover
@coffee0990 maybe male and female have different adult phase?

If I recall female reach the adulthood first before male so they can get married first to an established & independent man

In my country there is a social norm that female can get married atleast at 19 y.o and male atleast 21 y.o

@Syanindita

Yes we can assume that they have different adult phase or we can also say it like this:

Chilchuck did have kids during his "adolescence", a term we used to describe the stage between a teen and an adulthood, older than a teen but younger than an adult, old enough to be in the working society.

Dex-chan lover
chic chac is kind of raci$t , lol : I WILL NEVER LET MY HOBBIT DAUGHTERS MEET A DWARF MAN = I WILL NEVER LET MY WHITE DAUGHTERS MEET A BLACK MAN .

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation.

Those with pouches do not understand the pain of those without pouches.

Fed-Kun's army
This isn't actually the first time we seen his daughters, we seen themin his nightmares apparently.
fhd2wr.png

Users who are viewing this thread